The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

I don't think I'm gonna shave today. I put it off, and put it off this morning, and now the work day is over I just can't get motivated.

Arms very much less tender than yesterday. Took aspirin last night because I wanted to be comfortable in bed, but none today.

LOVED the baseball game last night. Been rooting for the Red Sox since 1967, when I was 10. No matter what else they do this year, eliminating the Yankees is good enough for me. Of course, I'd love to see the Sox win a fifth one in my lifetime, because I'm getting accustomed to it. ;)

• My Special Blend 5 (23)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (1)
  • Mennen Skin Bracer
New blade and AS this morning left me smooth and clean. Loving the powdery goodness of the SB. Minimal arm tenderness today, barely noticeable. Thankfully, I had no ill effects from the booster.
Enjoy your shaves!

• My Special Blend 5 (24)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (2)
  • Mennen Skin Bracer
Great shave this morning. TGIF. Got some fun activities tonight, light chores this weekend, maybe some coffee roasting as well.

Red Sox were blown out of the water last night. We'll see if tonight brings a win. I definitely enjoy playoff season: the play is more intense. I cannot suffer through a full regular season game. The competition is good, but there's no drama attached to it. The exception seems to be a regular season Red Sox - Yankees game. Both teams always bring it when playing each other.

Enjoy the day, Cadre! :)

• My Special Blend 5 (27)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (5)
  • CBL Aftershave Tonic - unscented
My skin felt a bit dry so I went for the CBL miracle Tonic.

The Red Sox continue to perform well, much to my pleasure. They've got some plucky young players to complement the vets. And everyone knows your best chance of winning a championship is to have a bevy of plucky young players that are fun to watch and easy to root for. 😁

Back