The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• My Special Blend 5 (12)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (4)
  • AV Ice Blue
Got back from N Carolina last night, after driving down to my sister's home. She very badly needs back surgery with rods/screws, and wanted me there when she met with the surgeon. Tentatively planning a November surgery, after doing a couple of things to get her ready.

Shaved once down in NC, on this past Wednesday. Trust me on the blade and soap counts for a couple of days: they'll look weird but will be correct.

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • AV Ice Blue
Got back from N Carolina last night, after driving down to my sister's home. She very badly needs back surgery with rods/screws, and wanted me there when she met with the surgeon. Tentatively planning a November surgery, after doing a couple of things to get her ready.

Shaved once down in NC, on this past Wednesday. Trust me on the blade and soap counts for a couple of days: they'll look weird but will be correct.
I hope your sister is ok- you’re a good man for helping her out!

Bad day for our Steelers today

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • AV Ice Blue

Tell the sis if she wants to talk to a mostly metal spine, and all the fun that goes with it let me know, LOL

Tell the sis if she wants to talk to a mostly metal spine, and all the fun that goes with it let me know, LOL
Thank you. Will do. My wife also has rods/plates/screws in her back to treat scoliosis. She's endured more pain than I will ever experience. It's a tough situation for my sister: she will have pain whether or not she has surgery, but surgery is her only hope of ever getting past it. Very tough road ahead of her.

• My Special Blend 5 (13)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (5)
  • AV Ice Blue
This morning's strategically-timed shave mowed down about 36 hours of growth, leaving me smooth and refreshed. My wife remains oblivious to the AV. :)

Back