The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

You're the second person who suggested this. Speick frustrated me because I loved the scent, but it seemed to last about 5 minutes. That'd be perfect for my wife, but why pay more for that effect when I can find it at the drugstore?
That's a fair point, it's not that much more expensive here, and I want to believe it has better quality ingredients.

You're the second person who suggested this. Speick frustrated me because I loved the scent, but it seemed to last about 5 minutes. That'd be perfect for my wife, but why pay more for that effect when I can find it at the drugstore?
Can understand that! I got a bottle years ago after much hype and just wasn't impressed at how fleeting it was. I'm not expecting my splash to be cologne-level projecting but would like it to last longer than my walk out of the bathroom! Just easier to grab the AV or Skin Bracer at Walmart for far cheaper than sourcing a bottle of Speick.

• CBL Orange Dirt (19)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (6)
  • Skin Bracer
Forgot to change my blade, and it showed. I had to go back over areas I normally don't. First use of SB. I like it, but I like most barbershoppy scents. It has better staying power than AV.

(music to follow)

• CBL Orange Dirt (20)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (1)
  • AV Ice Blue
Back to the AV and its crisp, clean flavor. I considered setting up a regular rotation of my two AS, but that could end up being a logistical nightmare. How on earth would I keep track?! No, better to stick with the tried and true 3017 model.

You could just go with an on the spot decision now! You have choices! Let the passion of the heat of the shaving moment take you where it wills!
1257BAFD-2FCF-4B5B-BC36-5C2A70C47065.gif

Try the AS and the EDT together same scent profile but the EDT last much longer 4-5 hrs on me

Back