The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My apologies for not posting for almost a month, Mr Freeze had me on ice.....
After my escape from his lair, I had to concentrate on my new business venture and podcast.
Here's one from recent days.

Began with #11 pre-shave oil followed by a hot towel. Reapplied #11 and whipped up a yogurt-like lather with the Parker Silvertip. I picked up the Feather DX for the first time in a couple of months and did three passes with it, very satisfying shave. The finish consisted of a hot towel and the classic aftershave Brut, unscented Balm, Brut cologne, and Clubman Talc.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Feather Artist Club DX
Blade: Feather Artist Culb Professional Blade
Brush: Parker Silvertip badger
Pre-Shave: Old School Cool #11
Lather: TOOBS Coconut Luxury Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Brut Classic Splash
Additional Care:
Brut Classic Cologne
Van Der Hagen Post Shave Balm
Hot towel
Hot Towel #2
Pinaud Clubman Talc 20230310_210922_edit_1678711875810.heic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I am really beginning to believe that the Japanese do live longer than Americans because of their firm belief that you should seek happiness in the simple tasks of life. I guess that's why I wetshave, a simple pleasure.

Began growing my mustache and goatee back, it seems to have gotten a bit grayer since the last time I grew it(LOL). Anyway, begin with a nice face wash using Taconic body soap "Dead Sea", pre-shave oil, and a hot towel. Second shave with the Kamisori was, different to say the least---almost like learning to shave all over again---but satisfying in a different way. A couple of touch-up areas and then my finish routine of aftershave lotion, hot towel, aftershave balm, and aftershave lotion again.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Feather Artist Club DX Kamisori
Blade: Feather Professional Light Blade
Brush: Parker Red Boar Bristle
Pre-Shave: Old School Cool #4 Pre-shave oil
Lather: Cella Almond Shave Cream
Aftershave: Cella Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Hot towel
Hot Towel #2
Cella Aftershave Balm
Face wash

20230318_203003_edit_1679189520868.jpg

Fabulous shave, the Boker Bicycle was sent in from Austria. Handmade with Fabulous carbon steel. Using the Clubman it feels and smells like walking out of a barbershop.

On the flipside (guess I'm showing my age with that comment), the Bicycle razor was one I've been waiting on. Well worth it IMO! However, it's back to the grindstone for your caped crusader tonight! Sleep well Gotham!20230322_203435.jpg

Razor: Boker Bicycle Race
Brush: Ribeira do Porto Boar
Pre-Shave: Old School Cool #4 Pre-shave oil
Lather: Pinaud Clubman Shave Cream
Aftershave: Clubman Aftershave
Additional Care:
Harry's Post Shave Balm
Hot towel
Hot Towel #2
Pinaud Clubman Aftershave
Pinaud Clubman Talc e

Tonight, I am the answer. If you know you know!

Sweet shave, I've been waiting for 42 to arrive and I'm not disappointed. Today being a Saturday, I spent time honing a few blades and two out of the three Wade and Butcher that I have were due. The square point I used today was finished on my ilr stone, nice shave with a bbs finish. My usual start with a face wash, oil, and a hot towel. Barrister and Mann once again comes through with an unusual but delightful scent just right for Douglas Adams legacy and as with most of their soaps I've used, it's a thirsty one! A light stinging (pleasant) with the splash which was quelled with a hot towel followed by the aftershave balm. The eau de toilette capped the shave perfectly!

The Wade and Butcher used and shown here was my first attempt at refurbishing a razor, bleached Buffalo bone are the scales. I felt the razor was appropriate for the mans legacy and a small tribute to him from me.

Razor: Wade and Butcher Square point circa 1830-1845
Brush: Semogue Pharos-C3 Horse
Pre-Shave: Old School Cool Formula #2 Floral
Lather: Barrister and Mann 42
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann 42 Splash
Additional Care:
Barrister and Mann 42 Aftershave Balm
Barrister and Mann 42 Eau de Toilette
Hot towel
Hot Towel #2
20230325_205947_edit_1679797925549.heic.jpg

The Razolution by Simbatec is a first for me, I couldn't find much about it on the web, so I decided to take a chance It is a carbon steel blade with manufacturing done in Germany. Out of the box, I guess you could shave with it, after stropping it the blade was tugging quite a bit. Stopping and rehoning the blade, down to a 5000 ceramic Shapton and finishing on a Vermont Green Slate, it gave a fantastic shave! Well worth the $58.00 I spent on it. The A&E Spartacus gives up a fantastic lather with a boars hair brush, thick and slick just like the Penguin. Finished with EDT Grey Flannel, a scent my Godfather wore and one that I've always loved.20230416_112949.jpg

Razor: Simbatec Razolution
Brush: Ribeira do Porto Boar
Pre-Shave: Shower Hot
Lather: Adriana and Evans Spartacus
Aftershave: Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel

Back