The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Took a couple of weeks but I'm very happy with the results. Can't wait to give her a test run!

For some reason I cant load the befor pics. You can tale my word on it, she was in rough shape.

George Wostenholm and Sons Celebrated IXL Razor, Washington Works, Sheffield. Circa 1850

20230624_133746.jpg20230703_061558.jpg

Proraso green all the way around
Vielong brown horsehair (Fathers day gift!)
George Wostenholm and Sons Celebrated IXL Razor, Washington Works, Sheffield. Circa 1850
Razor was finished on Black Shadow, estimated at 16,000 - 20,000 grit

Overall a pleasant shave, one nick at the base of the nose. The razor took the whiskers off quite nicely.
Shaving with a smiling blade combined with a Spike point was challenging to say the least, just want to say thanks to Matt for the words of encouragement!

20230706_194402.png

Overall a pleasant shave, one nick at the base of the nose. The razor took the whiskers off quite nicely.
Shaving with a smiling blade combined with a Spike point was challenging to say the least, just want to say thanks to Matt for the words of encouragement!

View attachment 114652
Hey Bob, we all need a little boost from our brothers from time to time. I'm glad you had a great shave with such a lovely blade. The water buffalo scales look AWESOME!!! I've been toying around with picking up some buffalo horn for restorations I'll be doing in the fall. Super cool material. Great choice with The Proraso, its hard to beat the scent and performance!

Cheers and have a great day!

When you go old school, you really go Old School, Bob!

As I stood, admiring the shave this morning, I asked Alexa for my morning brief, she opened with "Carpe` diem", she commonly opens with that and it has never struck me before like it did today, Seize the day. Go after what you want, get what is yours!
Just now while scrolling through a popular social media site, this popped up on my screen;
Screenshot_20230724_103633_Facebook.jpg
It was ment for me to see this! You as well, since you've read this far! Have a great one!!!

Back