The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Aftershave of the Day

Maol Grooming’s Island in the Sun. I hadn’t used it in awhile, as I only have one bottle of the limited edition. Yesterday I learned Sean plans to re-release it, in his V2 formula, so I feel empowered to go nuts with my bottle. Great stuff.

Glenn, is that you? I’m intrigued by the hydrosol. Did you buy it on site? I can’t find it online.
Hi Scott,
Yes that is me--I try to keep my branding the same across the various shave sites.

I bought the hydrosol at the Martha Lane Lavender Farm when we went to the Lavender Festival in Sequim. They were right in the middle of a sale of the farm to new owners so things might have changed. As you likely know, hydrosol is a byproduct of the distillation process for essential oils. Martha Lane had a distillation going on with a still and had quite a number of different lavender essential oils for sale. I probably smelled 12 or so. I ended up with the hydrosol and two essential oils including my favorite, Folgate. I use the essentials oils to put in lather and the hydrosol for conditioning my face after the shave.

I really enjoyed Washington. Have you been up to Winthrop?

Glenn

Maol Grooming’s Island in the Sun. I hadn’t used it in awhile, as I only have one bottle of the limited edition. Yesterday I learned Sean plans to re-release it, in his V2 formula, so I feel empowered to go nuts with my bottle. Great stuff.
Scott,
Do you know if he plans on re-releasing FrankinLime? I dropped my only bottle on my hard tile floor and would love to replace it.

Hi Scott,
Yes that is me--I try to keep my branding the same across the various shave sites.

I bought the hydrosol at the Martha Lane Lavender Farm when we went to the Lavender Festival in Sequim. They were right in the middle of a sale of the farm to new owners so things might have changed. As you likely know, hydrosol is a byproduct of the distillation process for essential oils. Martha Lane had a distillation going on with a still and had quite a number of different lavender essential oils for sale. I probably smelled 12 or so. I ended up with the hydrosol and two essential oils including my favorite, Folgate. I use the essentials oils to put in lather and the hydrosol for conditioning my face after the shave.

I really enjoyed Washington. Have you been up to Winthrop?

Glenn

I love Winthrop. Having grown up in Colorado, I find Winthrop to be the closest nearby mountain town to those of my youth (Breckinridge, Telluride, etc.). The high mountain climate and somewhat awkward kitschy “Wild West” vibe is kind of fun.

I know Sequim has a lot of lavender going on. Time for a field trip!

Back