The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

After Popular Demand: Matt’s Shaving Videos

Razor: SSA (Svenska Stalsmides Aktich) Eskilstuna, 5/8 full hollow(Swedish Steel Forging Company former Jon Engström)
Brush: Sorentino Brushworks Synthetic
Soap: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
Balm: The Art of Shaving Lavender
Strop: Dovo Prima 20/60 & 25/60

What an amazing shave! I absolutely love my Swedish steaWhat an amazing shave! I absolutely love my Swedish steel razors! @Josh26 talked honing a bit, sorry I got your username wrong 😑

Awesome shave! That is my favorite soap /AS scent in all of wet shaving - I have two back-ups just to be safe!

Just a quick tid-bit. It’s pronounce sheep-ra but the ra is muted almost an er. The French always make things difficult 😂

Awesome shave! That is my favorite soap /AS scent in all of wet shaving - I have two back-ups just to be safe!

Just a quick tid-bit. It’s pronounce sheep-ra but the ra is muted almost an er. The French always make things difficult 😂
I knew I was butchering it lol

Iryna agrees! She loves it and thought it was similar to Fougere Angelic. The performance and scent were a total win for me and the aftershave was 🔥!

I’m super glad to have picked it up on a great trade used twice, but wouldn’t mind having a new one in reserve as well!

The crew at the barbershop says Japanese scissors are the best. It’s all they use. Is this true in your estimation @BarberDave?
In Today's world yes indeed, the vast majority of made there now. However Swedish and German are very good in sheers, just harder to come by, especially for a left hander like me.

Hitori Hanzo
Mushashi
Hunt & Hustle
are the ones I use and have.

Back