The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A new Shave Soap & Skin Food Splash and a new Collection

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Hello Cadre
I just wanted to share with you a new Collection and the first Shave Soap & Skin Food Splash that’s going into what I’m calling the “ Chill Collection “ and the reason I called it that is the products in the collection are just that. Products that give a natural cool feeling to your shave without adding Menthol crystals or food grade cooling ingredients such as WS 5 for example. The products have essential oils that give that nice little chill on their own.
Since my graphic designer Monica and I finished the first label yesterday I thought I’d post it up and talk a little about it.

1D924D0A-67F6-466D-8134-1F77514AE442.jpeg

As you can see by the label it’s a Peppermint Shave soap plain and simple and that’s all it has in it is Peppermint Essential oil scent wise. Also for those that might not know this Peppermint oil naturally contains about 30% Menthol so it does leave you with a nice invigorating chilled feeling but not ice cold! I made this Shave soap for somewhat of a personal reason or I guess you could call it selfish reasons lol .. you see I’ve been a fan of AOS Peppermint Shave Creme since it came out a few years ago and with the tag “ Limited Edition “ attached to it when I see it advertised it honestly made me nervous to think I couldn’t get it one day so I decided to make my own. Only mines a soap not a cream. Had no desire to add any other notes but instead to just use Peppermint EO and nothing else.

I also made another Shave soap that will go in the Chill Collection and as soon as the label is finished I’ll post that up which could be either later today or tomorrow. Depends on when Monica has time to finish it as I picked out the colors when we worked together on this label yesterday.
So as some of you may notice there is no World Globe on the label and I’ve also made a decision to only use the globe on the Culturally inspired collections that are related to different countries like the Lisse Collection, Aja Collection and the soon to be released Afrika Collection. So for example next time I have to make labels for the Niche Boutique Collection the labels will be just plain without the globe in the background. The Succes label is an example of that. I’ll admit I’ve been going back and forth on this idea but Monica thought its a good idea because not all colors like this Red Peppermint label looks good with a gradient effect which I have to agree on as I didn’t like it when we tried it as the areas looked Pink. So I’m pretty good with the idea of using plain labels in some Collections and would love to hear feedback from the members on the idea. Oh and specifically your thoughts on the Niche Boutique Collection as that one I’ve been overthinking about it and going back and forth on so if you think I should just leave it as it is or make the change to plain labels. I’d really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks Cadre!

Frank

You ideas regarding the labels seem to be as well thought out and executed as the products themselves. Personally, I prefer products that perform well, but an attractive label, much like an attractive book cover, always helps facilitate a sale. Keep up the excellent work Frank.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I may be in the minority but honestly I could care less about the labeling. To me...it’s all about the product and scent. The reality is once you open the box and remove the products they sit in a cabinet...invisible until you pull it out at which time you remove the top. Then you shave...screw the top back on...and back it goes. So..total visibility of the labeling is measured in seconds. IMO..the function of labeling is to make it “pop” on shelf in a retail store. Since that is not how it’s sold labeling is much less critical. Anyway...that’s my 2 cents. YMMV...

i love the Peppermint! I also had the AOS version...found the scent appealing but not the performance of the product Itself. AOS product quality went way downhill after they were purchased by Gillette.

Last edited:
Geez, the word that I'm looking for escapes me. But I digest. I've been a fan of, for lack of a better word that is rattling around in my brain, simple design...aha, minimalist design, found it, for quite some time. There's something about keeping the design simple that really appeals to me. I love all of your labels, but I think most of us are content with your amazing products and everything else is just sugar on top.

Simply, I think this particular label looks clean and fresh.

@Dragonsbeard, you're killing me with these great new scents... my wallet is getting lighter as I type! Peppermint is one of my favorites, so obviously I'll have to get a set! (unless the other stuff in the Chill Collection is something I'd like more... :unsure:)

Seriously, though, I like the minimalist design aesthetic as well... the Peppermint label looks great to me. And I like your other ideas for the different collections as well.

@Dragonsbeard, you're killing me with these great new scents... my wallet is getting lighter as I type! Peppermint is one of my favorites, so obviously I'll have to get a set! (unless the other stuff in the Chill Collection is something I'd like more... :unsure:)

Seriously, though, I like the minimalist design aesthetic as well... the Peppermint label looks great to me. And I like your other ideas for the different collections as well.

Thank you Jamie for the feedback! I’m glad I’m not the only one that likes Peppermint! Lol

As far as the Collections goes, I’ll be adding the Cucumber, Spearmint and Lemongrass to the Chill Collection and they should both be ready for release within a few days of each other.

The upcoming New Afrika Collection will have 2 new Pure natural Shave soaps added to it within a few weeks with a couple of firsts I’m very excited about.

Agrume Collection is getting another new Shave Soap and Skin Food Splash called “ Nuage de Citron “ or a “ Cloud of Lemons “ in English. A 100% natural scent that I’m personally crazy about.

Of course the Dragonsbeard V2 is curing as I write this.

Some other cool ones coming up I’ll keep under the covers for now after this group is released.

😊👍🏼

Is that three different products or all three of those scents in one product? I've been looking for a good cucumber soap for a while.
It’s a blend of Cucumber fruit emulation, Spearmint and Lemongrass .it is a 100% natural scent and all three notes are identifiable and in the case of the Spearmint oil can also be felt as it gives a mild cooling sensation. There will also be a matching Skin Food splash and some other supporting skin and body care products in this scent. It’s already available in the First Lather and the Replenish 2% Hyaluronic acid serum.
I’m with you as far as being a fan of Cucumber. It’s refreshing and clean!
I just got the label designs finished and I’ll post it up in the next post.

The upcoming new “ Greenfresh “Shave soap label. Cucumber, Spearmint and Lemongrass is the 100% natural scent in this soap.
I’ve got two different colors.. and I’m back and forth on which one to go with. I’m leaning more towards the darker as I know the labels seem to come out a little lighter when their printed. Which one do you like better?

3FF29A50-1AB3-4698-AE2A-1D35DBC1F1D9.jpeg3873AAC4-0CFD-4F82-BA2D-6730F36B5B00.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the darker label too Frank! Both new soaps sound great!

the more I look at both I think if the darker one was just a little lighter it would be perfect. It will be interesting to see what others think and thanks for your input!

Back