The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2nd Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

Here is the list I have for who all is on the second part of the PIF.

1. SteveChuckFrank
2. gvw755
3. Jaro1069
4. DeepSea

uacowboy just has a couple more shaves to go

Let me know if I've missed anyone, or if anybody else out there is still gunning for the 30 shave milestone.

Been a busy weekend but I did get my 29th and 30th shaves in on the Shark SS.

20200307_084523.jpg

20200308_091205.jpg

I'm going to keep pushing this blade but I'll take a short break to get a few SR shaves in.

Yesterday's shave was absolutely fantastic, removing 36ish hours of growth. today's was not quite as good as that but still very good.

Great Kyle!

1. SteveChuckFrank
2. gvw755
3. Jaro1069
4. DeepSea
5. uacowboy

I don't think anyone else is still in this, but I'll leave it open a coupel more days just in case.

Shave #38 today. Last couple shaves I've fel like my touchup pass needed more than usual because the blade maybe wasn't cuttign as close. But today I changed back to my Parson's soap and the slickness really brought the blade back, and I didn't need any touchup at all after my 3rd pass. Just a great shave.

35-37 done. Blades not what it used to be but its like the energizer bunny it keeps on going. Used cbl jeris and the shavemac brush that's a shedder , it lost about a dozen hairs this time. ( I gotta get a new knot for that brush sometime ). Used witch hazel and a green alcohol splash after. No sweepers and not really any sting from the alcohol so I guess its going good.

Last edited:
Again, just playing along at home, but I called it today at 35 shaves on the Gillette Yellow. I probably could have kept going, but had a poor shave for #35 and it felt like the right time. New personal best for a DE blade.

On a “new blade” kick, I also dumped the Schick Proline in my Vector. It was on shave 45.

put #31 on mine this morning. it's not as lasting of a shave but it was still a great shave.

38-46 done... blades is showing a little more wear but i used the Cremo shave stick vanilla again and it was decent.. today is my oldest sons B-day he turned 12 so had to be quick with the shave so he can show me his new stuff that WE gave him/

47 shaves as of today. Still going strong. Still smooth shaves that feel great. Not quite as close as when I started, but not enough degradation to think about a new blade yet.

Here are the members who stayed in this challenge long enough to say they shaved with a single blade for over a month! Kudos to all of you.
1. SteveChuckFrank
2. gvw755
3. Jaro1069
4. DeepSea
5. uacowboy

random.png

And the winner is @SteveChuckFrank !!!! Way to go Mr. Three Names!

I've got your address already, so will try to get this out to you soon!

Today was shave #56 on the Personna Blade.

A couple days ago I thought it was done. I didn't get a super close shave. So the next shave, I grabbed a different razor and it just wasn't working at all. Didn't have time to explore why, so I grabbed the Yuma again and ended up with a decent shave once again. So now I'm back to using it. As long as I'm using super slick soaps (Parson's, CBL Tonsorial, Dragon's Beard) then it's still working great. I do notice a drop in closeness when I use a less slick soap.

Last edited: A moment agoI21

This weekend was a lazy weekend.... did not shower or shave on Saturday. We basically just laid around all day, ate pizza, and watched movies. So I missed my first shave. But picked up the Yuma/Personna Yesterday and today and still had great shaves. So I'm up to #58 on this blade.

Back