The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2023 September Sumo Contest

I’m not a Takayasu fan, but still thought he was the better choice for that group. I picked him before and he let me down. I said I’d never pick him again, but I still did. We’ll see.

Great day of sumo. Taka erases kadoban Atamifuji seems legit! His opponents will be very difficult over the next few days. But can he do what Hakuoho couldn't? Tomorrow he fights the Sekiwake Daiesho. Also sadly Takayasu doing Taka things.

Takakeisho is going to find a way to win this Basho isn't he? I feel it's him or Atamifuji, tomorrow's match is going to be AWESOME!

Sorry I haven't been able to update this daily. Here we stand after Day 13.
1695388739356.png

1695388834134.png
For the cells highlighted in green above.... you have the best pick for that category.

Am I winning the contest yet?y plan was to lay low until the last 2-3 days and then sneak past everyone for the win. 😀
You've got some ground to make up then!

If you don't watch the lower rank you should for the last few days. Makushita is going to have a 7 man playoff for champion!

I just noticed you have kiho in my j13-14 slot, that should be asakoryu.

This basho has certainly been a wild ride.
Welcome to the cadre... we are a really great group here. Lots of fun discussions from of course wet shaving, whiskey, fountain pens, watches, movies, tv shows, and yes even Sumo where you found us here! Please feel free to go introduce yourself here Newbie and Welcome

-edit- this one is wrong......keep reading. Update follows.

Funny, I had 8 top picks and Matt only had 4, yet he still beat me!!

1695665200102.png

Last edited:
We all know Matt cheated....he built himself a time machine in that garage of his and he uses it only for the purpose of winning contests on the internet where there is no prize. That Matt is a clever one.

Back