The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2023 September Sumo Contest

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
First off once again this contest is all for fun, and to talk about the daily matches. That start 9/10 and go through 9/24. I am sorry I did not send out a prize for July to our winner Spider. I will perhaps get something out soon, or in all honestly you just might have bragging rights.

Anyways our contest will be just like the last ones.

As of right now it seems the only confirmed OUT are Hakuoho and Wakatakagae, so I will leave them out. However, rumors are that Nishikigi and Terunofuji are doubtful. With that being said they will be included in the contest. Choose at your own discretion.

Must be submitted by 10PM MT on 9/9/2023

Contest Picks:

TSC User NameYokozuna and OzekiSekiwake and KomusubiM1 to M4M5 to M8M9 to M12M13 to M17J1 to J3J4 to J6J7 to J9J10 to J12J13 and J14
CVargoKirishimaKotonowakaMeiseiGonoyamaKinbozanAtamifujiKitanowakaTohakuryuShishiTokihayateKiho
FensterKirishimaKotonowakaAbiRyudenKinbozanKotoshohoKitanowakaBushozanShishiShidenAsakoryu
Majorrich HoshoryuWakamotoharuAsanoyamaGonoyamaEndoAtamifujiDaiamamiBushozanShishiChiyomaruKiho
uacowboyHoshoryuKotonowakaTakanoshoGonoyamaKinbozanAtamifujiTamashohoShimazuumiShishiTokihayateAsakoryu
heysiTakakeishoKotonowakaAbiRyudenKinbozanChiyoshomaKitanowakaOshomaShishiShidenKiho
Luecke3262HoshoryuDaieishoHokutofujiGonoyamaHokuseihoAtamifujiTamashohoBushozanShishiTokihayateKiho
SpiderHoshoryuKotonowakaAsanoyamaTakayasuMidorifujiNishikifujiKitanowakaChuranoumiShishiChiyomaruAsakoryu

Last edited:
Day 1 in the books! Loads of super competitive matches! I especially loved watching Hoktofuji defeat Takakeisho twice! The other Ozeki and even Kotenowaka really brought it, even Takayasu was looking good!

Have a great day guys!

Haven't had the chance to follow the last couple tournaments as close so my picks are blind guesses, especially in Juryo

Day 2, some really excellent sumo! Particularly surprised by Hokutofuji and Asenoyama's matches.

How are your picks doing?

First off once again this contest is all for fun, and to talk about the daily matches. That start 9/10 and go through 9/24. I am sorry I did not send out a prize for July to our winner Spider. I will perhaps get something out soon, or in all honestly you just might have bragging rights.

Anyways our contest will be just like the last ones.

As of right now it seems the only confirmed OUT are Hakuoho and Wakatakagae, so I will leave them out. However, rumors are that Nishikigi and Terunofuji are doubtful. With that being said they will be included in the contest. Choose at your own discretion.

Must be submitted by 10PM MT on 9/9/2023

Contest Picks:

TSC User NameYokozuna and OzekiSekiwake and KomusubiM1 to M4M5 to M8M9 to M12M13 to M17J1 to J3J4 to J6J7 to J9J10 to J12J13 and J14
CVargoKirishimaKotonowakaMeiseiGonoyamaKinbozanAtamifujiKitanowakaTohakuryuShishiTokihayateKiho
FensterKirishimaKotonowakaAbiRyudenKinbozanKotoshohoKitanowakaBushozanShishiShidenAsakoryu
MajorrichHoshoryuWakamotoharuAsanoyamaGonoyamaEndoAtamifujiDaiamamiBushozanShishiChiyomaruKiho
uacowboyHoshoryuKotonowakaTakanoshoGonoyamaKinbozanAtamifujiTamashohoShimazuumiShishiTokihayateAsakoryu
heysiTakakeishoKotonowakaAbiRyudenKinbozanChiyoshomaKitanowakaOshomaShishiShidenKiho
Luecke3262HoshoryuDaieishoHokutofujiGonoyamaHokuseihoAtamifujiTamashohoBushozanShishiTokihayateKiho
SpiderHoshoryuKotonowakaAsanoyamaTakayasuMidorifujiNishikifujiKitanowakaChuranoumiShishiChiyomaruAsakoryu
I love how we all picked Shishi LOL

Finally found enough time to finish the sheet and get it updated. After Day 5.

1694718402717.png

Look at the new guy up near the top!

Back