The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2023 September Sumo Contest

A. Why put a spoiler on a link?

B. It doesn’t open for me so I have no idea what you’re talking about!
A. It usually posts a video and yeah good point, if you watch it it’s not really a spoiler.
B. It’s an X(twitter) link. It was the Kirishima V. Asanoyama match

I’ve been meaning to ask, where you all are watching. I’ve only watched NHK’s footage so far. Honestly haven’t seen a match since day 3. Been a little busy.

I found natto sumo on Discord. From there he has a sub forum where the links to the daily matches live although I am not very adept at navigating

I’m sure The Cadre is high on NHK’s radar…
They are finding Natto's videos even when unlisted and private, he pulled out of YouTube yesterday, laugh if you will, I don't want to offend the guy and post all over when they are clearly coming down hard on him.

This tournament is so nutty that you could have thrown a dart at a board blind folded and had a better chance of winning than an educated guess....

Who would guess Takayasu and Atamifuji to be at the top of the leader board and Hoshoryu to be near the bottom? After all Atamifuji had a terribly rocky start to his Maegashira career last November, but his last two tournaments have been 13-2 in May and 11-4 in July, so it was in the realm of possibility.

How about Onosanto? Look at this guy! Much like Hakuoho, he has rocketed up the banzuke with solid winning records in Makushita 6-1 May and 4-3 in July to place him in the Lower Juryo and he's unbeaten! None of us picked him, a complete outlier..

This tournament is so nutty that you could have thrown a dart at a board blind folded and had a better chance of winning than an educated guess....

Who would guess Takayasu and Atamifuji to be at the top of the leader board and Hoshoryu to be near the bottom? After all Atamifuji had a terribly rocky start to his Maegashira career last November, but his last two tournaments have been 13-2 in May and 11-4 in July, so it was in the realm of possibility.

How about Onosanto? Look at this guy! Much like Hakuoho, he has rocketed up the banzuke with solid winning records in Makushita 6-1 May and 4-3 in July to place him in the Lower Juryo and he's unbeaten! None of us picked him, a complete outlier..
Atamifjuji seems like sanyaku material if he can stay healthy. Takayasu I will never buy that stock I expect implosion soon. Hoshoryu seems to follow the typical new Ozeki promotion perform poorly in first basho after promotion.

Onosato seems LEGIT! He has the body also!

Back