The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2020 TSC Brush Group Buy ( in process thread )

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're buying crickets? :unsure:
Thanks, but we have a bunch in the garden already. I'll pass this time.

I received mine last weekend but I haven't been well, so I waited to open it until I felt better. So last night I opened it & was quite impressed with the packaging & presentation. Very cool. I followed BarberDave's recommendation to lather it up with MWF, & to load it up with copious amounts of glorious lather. I did just that & then left it overnight with the lather piled high on the brush. I couldn't wait 24 hours, so this morning I rinsed it thoroughly & left it standing to dry. This evening I'm finding a lopsided shape to my knot. It's rather disconcerting.

Does anyone else have an uneven knot? Here are pictures at the unboxing before I lathered it, & the next picture was taken this evening after it had been lathered, rinsed, & sitting for around 8 - 10 hours.
IMG_3450.jpgIMG_3508.jpg

Good Evening:
The SV Group Brush buy is complete, and we thank you for participating and look forward to your ideas regarding future group buys here at the TSC. A couple of points

It has come to our attention that there have been a few issues with the brushes and we wanted to clarify some items
  • These are all hand-made brushes. A such, we indicated there would be imperfections and variances to each brush. No two brushes would be the same.
  • We repeatedly indicated that if there was an issue you felt was unsurmountable, that you contact us direct via PM so we could set up a phone call to discuss the issue
  • Also, in the above case any returned items must be in unused condition, not used and or lathered
  • The knots are individually hand tied and set, again some variations not only in knot diameter 24-28mm ( average of 26mm as advertised, and also that there may be some variances in hair lengths in a small variance.

We are now closing this thread and if you have any continued concerns with your brush contact us directly via PM.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back