The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Williams Mug Soap - Officially DISCONTINUED

My local Drug Store had them on Sale Couldn’t pass them up at .99 cents each. Cleaned Em out.
69d89149eb5225989d0636288000e409.png

I have about 18 Williams soap pucks. I guess I need to preserve them now.

I was never able to get that lather that Spider got even after watching his videos. I don’t know what else I am doing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What about William Marvy Shaving soap pucks?

Not even close.

I was never able to get that lather that Spider got even after watching his videos. I don’t know what else I am doing wrong.

Try the Heysi method. It’s drastically different from mine, but still yields great results. He posted a video.

The much maligned ‘Modern Williams’ is now ‘Vintage 2 Williams’.

I bought about 10 pucks a few years back when the rumors began about Combe ending Williams' production. I still have them vacuum-sealed and untouched. A few years ago I picked up three pucks of vintage Williams in a flea market I stopped at while traveling. For me, the vintage is far superior to the modern version. When I used the vintage I thought they could go back to that formula and charge a lot more for it. I did some research on the Combe Company, the owner of Williams, and they claimed to be on the cutting edge for finding in their words "unmet needs in the personal care" sector. I emailed Combe and told them there was a growing demand for quality shaving soaps such as the vintage Williams. I mentioned brands such as Tabac, Art of Shaving, etc., and said that if Williams could return to the vintage formula they could charge a lot more for that soap and be competitive with modern shaving soaps. Other than thanking me for my interest in Williams, they never addressed or made any comments about my suggestions.

I bought about 10 pucks a few years back when the rumors began about Combe ending Williams' production. I still have them vacuum-sealed and untouched. A few years ago I picked up three pucks of vintage Williams in a flea market I stopped at while traveling. For me, the vintage is far superior to the modern version. When I used the vintage I thought they could go back to that formula and charge a lot more for it. I did some research on the Combe Company, the owner of Williams, and they claimed to be on the cutting edge for finding in their words "unmet needs in the personal care" sector. I emailed Combe and told them there was a growing demand for quality shaving soaps such as the vintage Williams. I mentioned brands such as Tabac, Art of Shaving, etc., and said that if Williams could return to the vintage formula they could charge a lot more for that soap and be competitive with modern shaving soaps. Other than thanking me for my interest in Williams, they never addressed or made any comments about my suggestions.

Just my opinion here but, does anybody really listen any more? Or, answer questions on point? I see this every day in my interactions, obfuscation, dodging, fabrication, just plain ol’ BS. Had a banking issue recently, still unresolved. In truck driving details change daily. I understand, shave brother.

Just my opinion here but, does anybody really listen any more? Or, answer questions on point? I see this every day in my interactions, obfuscation, dodging, fabrication, just plain ol’ BS. Had a banking issue recently, still unresolved. In truck driving details change daily. I understand, shave brother.
Everyone is a politician, caught in an endless loop of elections.

Keep the rubber on the road, Brother.

13418F18-C29C-438B-8885-48B0370E000F.gif

Last edited:
When I used the vintage I thought they could go back to that formula and charge a lot more for it.
I had thought the same thing. If they came back with the real vintage formula and went after the "artisan" shave market, at $5-$8 a puck it is still a fine deal.

Amen brother

I use the Arko puck, it's better than the stick, and if folks keep buying nothing but the latest ridiculously named, over priced, comic strip labeled, "artisan" soap it will be gone too.

What used to be a men's shaving ritual turned into an entitled boys playground, and since they spend the most money, they drive the market. The old tried and true products will all get kicked to the curb.

Back