The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Wildfire season ( feel the burn)

other that Bighorn sheep and Mountain Lions probably not, they have done a great job of pre-suppression with Slurry, however it ran a bit today, because some joker flew his drone up into the fire are, which stops all flight operations until they can determine and arrest said party
those people drive me NUTS!

Update 2550+ acres now a Type 1 incidents creeping over the range into Pima Canyon toward Tucson,

Tonights Pics

Bighorn06.08.2020.jpg

and the Tucson side of the mountain

Bighorn06.08.2020 pima canyon.jpg

the smoke looked like it had made it over the mountain today. at least it is harder for fire to move downhill.

the smoke looked like it had made it over the mountain today. at least it is harder for fire to move downhill.
We just got back from that and it is making a pretty good run Down Pima Canyon. Those drones really screwed things up today

Well so much for that. 2020 has thrown all but the kitchen sink, and Tucson says....

“Hold My Beer!”
6200 acres now evacuations in place and pre evac orders near us within a mile or two.
“Happy Holidays!”
You just cant make this stuff up

Ya it getting intersting. I am on the top of tje map about a mile or so from the “set”evac zone

appreciatr the prayers. Just under 8000 acres, 30 mph winds sustained and 107 today

421DF969-46C7-46F3-9C6B-E925A218C392.jpeg

yeah it's getting crazy. if it moves north of that top evac zone it'll be threatening our power lines that feed Mt. Lemmon. At least we have a generator up there if we need it.

Stay Safe Dave and let us know if yall need anything!

yeah it's getting crazy. if it moves north of that top evac zone it'll be threatening our power lines that feed Mt. Lemmon. At least we have a generator up there if we need it.

Stay Safe Dave and let us know if yall need anything!
Will do Kyle. Thank you

We all know if Dave is evacuated Sharon is putting all the animals in the cab of the truck with her, and Dave is riding in the bed hanging on for dear life.

We all know if Dave is evacuated Sharon is putting all the animals in the cab of the truck with her, and Dave is riding in the bed hanging on for dear life.
Actually you know me i would be running toward the fire LOL

Actually you know me i would be running toward the fire LOL

Dave Vs the Arizona Fire

The betting line Arizona - 6.5

Dave has going for him:
Short
Hides easier
Has a water hose
Wants to eat fried duck
Changes jobs more than his underwear so probably already has a degree on fighting forest fires

The fire has going for them:
Arizona
HOT!
Everything dry
Burns ducks
Changes directions quicker then the wind can

Hmmmm this could be a good fight. I'll get HBO on the horn and get the PPV set up!

Back