The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Wildfire season ( feel the burn)

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
As we get closer to Monsoon in AZ we see quite a bit of dry lighting and thus the beginning fire season. Here are a few shots of some that are within a mile or two of the shop and house and the Heliattack base in right by my property

A8FDF738-3181-4F4A-A152-D50C0BBBB7CC.jpeg
04C0959A-8D19-4E9B-AA05-D9BB585CD6AF.jpeg
FAC3104D-227E-4EDA-8F3B-11FF80FCF140.jpeg
will post more
Later

ffb2532ca88e8b5279b817bc8d5acfcd.png

I saw those this morning as i left work. the one in the Catalinas is HUGE.

In a way.... kinda pretty. It’s nature’s way. Just hope no one gets hurt from it.
I was thinking much the same...on both accounts.

Not sure if I would trade you for Hurricane season. Depends on the day I guess. There are some storms that I would trade you for fire season.

I know it's just what we deal with in our respective parts of the country...but it doesn't make it any less devastating.

yep the ranch is just left of that photo about 2 miles away and the wind is blowing this way, LOL embers are the biggest concern, Thanks for posting

Update:
As of fire briefing this morning. Bighorn fire, Burning in Pusch Ridge Wilderness area 2300 acres from 1000 10% contained crossed the ridge to the Tucson facing side no structure in danger at this time. Tortolita fire 3700 acres 0 containment so far

No fatalities hopefully?
other that Bighorn sheep and Mountain Lions probably not, they have done a great job of pre-suppression with Slurry, however it ran a bit today, because some joker flew his drone up into the fire are, which stops all flight operations until they can determine and arrest said party

Back