The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Whiskey Glass

NickCard

Sr. Shave Member
I need a proper glass for drinking whiskey, bourbon, and scotch. Does anyone have recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something like this perhaps? You know, just to use as a starter.
View attachment 35722

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve got a heavy tumbler glass similar to what Chad has. I like the weight and the glass has a sturdy feel, like I’m not going to pop a crack in it if I drop a sizable ice cube in it, lol. I wouldn’t know the difference of a glencairn at this moment. If it’s a different experience to the senses, I’m ignorant of all that 😂

I use the standard Glencairn glass. It's not just lip service, you will get much more smell out of them. Of course, they only work if you're drinking it neat. I get almost no nose from a rocks glass.
I take it When you say “nose” you mean the whiffs of scent that almost have a taste?

...I like the way “nose” is used to describe what you smell, makes it sound swanky...think I may start using “nose” to I part a little swankyness to my flatulence. “AHHH, what nose. Breath deeply my friends, there’s plenty to go around.”

I take it When you say “nose” you mean the whiffs of scent that almost have a taste?

...I like the way “nose” is used to describe what you smell, makes it sound swanky...think I may start using “nose” to I part a little swankyness to my flatulence. “AHHH, what nose. Breath deeply my friends, there’s plenty to go around.”
I can’t see how that would be anything but positive.

Honestly, I think it depends mostly on how you drink it. I'm a "on the rocks" kind of guy so I drink almost everything out of a Double Old Fashion. And I prefer it to be crystal. Doesn't have to be overly expensive...but seriously...it feels great to have a hefty DoF in your hand with three fingers of whiskey and and a couple of cubes of ice. Just feels right. If I have something that I deem is too good to put ice in it...I use something that is shaped like a brandy snifter...it's just a lot smaller.

Canadian??? I have a similar glass labeled for scotch...

View attachment 35793
Yes you do...the one on the right is called the Glencairn “Canadian Whiskey Glass”....thus the maple leaf on the bottom. Designed for rye and of a size and shape that affords nosing and the drinking of whiskey neat or on ice.

Back