The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Which Adjustable Should I Get?

SteveChuckFrank

Close Enough*
I’ve seen a lot of love for a few adjustable lately, and I’m thinking about picking one up after the holidays.

I know like anything else in this hobby, there’s always a YMMV aspect. I’d just like to hear everyone’s take on their favorite to help me make a decision.

Currently my favorite razor razor in my very small collection is a Razorock Tech II. I also have a Fatboy but it’s in need of repair, so that’s also an option for me if the repair is something that can be done.

I would like to keep the purchase under $75.

So let’s hear your opinions. Sell me a razor!!

It’s hard to go wrong with a Rockwell 6S. But a Gillette Fatboy is still my favorite.

Haha I know Dave, I know. The Rockwell and Parker Variant are pretty much the 2 contenders at this point. I’ll eventually look into repairing my Fatboy too, but that might involve replacing parts as opposed to repairing them. Not sure I want to do that as it was my grandfather’s. If that’s the case I might look to get another one to use and keep my grandfather’s as a display piece.

I've always thought that the adjustable was a gimmick. Of course I set my slim on 5 and just leave it. I also think that the Rockwell isn't an adjustable. Your not adjusting anything...you're changing baseplates.

I say get the Fatboy repaired since it is an heirloom.

I've always thought that the adjustable was a gimmick. Of course I set my slim on 5 and just leave it. I also think that the Rockwell isn't an adjustable. Your not adjusting anything...you're changing baseplates.

I say get the Fatboy repaired since it is an heirloom.
Which adjusts/changes it

Whether you consider it adjustable or not, Rockwell sells it as one....

Whether you consider it adjustable or not, Rockwell sells it as one....

And Keeblers says that their cookies are made by elves...
1f61c.png

Can the Mergress be had for $75?

The best adjustable I have ever used was both the Gibbs #16 and the Rex Ambassador. Unfortunately they are both over the stated budget (and mine!!)

Back