The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

When it all goes wrong

Cvargo

“They call me Chingo”
Owner
Legacy
Well all have them. So here is a spot to discuss those days when anything that can go wrong does go wrong!

So this morning I need to be at work at 6AM. So up and at em! I also have my first regular season basketball game today. So I grab my coffee grab my gear and out the door. Get to work and start walking up the stairs. It is at this moment 5:58AM that I realize I am not wearing my backpack. Did I grab my backpack? Back outside in the freezing cold. It's not there! Call my wife... yup its in my office. Drive all the way back home to get the laptop... figure i'll just work from home. Take laptop out of bag, and realize charger was left at work last night. Hmmm I guess I will work as long as the battery will allow.

Do most folks use a web browser for the forum. 95% of the time I'm logging in through my phone, via Tapatalk. Laptop isn't even in the picture. Hmm.

I am about 50% desktop web browser and 50% browser on phone. I don't really like tapatalk, its not that user friendly for me.

Well all have them. So here is a spot to discuss those days when anything that can go wrong does go wrong!

So this morning I need to be at work at 6AM. So up and at em! I also have my first regular season basketball game today. So I grab my coffee grab my gear and out the door. Get to work and start walking up the stairs. It is at this moment 5:58AM that I realize I am not wearing my backpack. Did I grab my backpack? Back outside in the freezing cold. It's not there! Call my wife... yup its in my office. Drive all the way back home to get the laptop... figure i'll just work from home. Take laptop out of bag, and realize charger was left at work last night. Hmmm I guess I will work as long as the battery will allow.
Don’t you only live like 10-15 minutes from your office? :unsure:

I was going to say that too but figured the annoyed stress level of the back and forth thru him into a tail spin, "I AIN"T GOING BACK THERE AGAIN" mood
Don’t you only live like 10-15 minutes from your office? :unsure:
Perhaps he has to drive 15 minutes thought this? Ya never know ...

304167c2391cf8a2fd830d84ecb9b2cb.jpg

LOLOLOL!!! Funniest thread in a while!

Don't listen to em Chad! I get it, you reach that point where you can justify you put enough effort trying to work already. Know what'll end that work day sooner? Streaming a few movies through that baby. And crank the sound up!

Gotta make sure the brightness is turned up, don't want to get that seasonal dis-effective disorder thing. Nice and bright or you will get depressed.

OOOOOH wait a minute my friend. It is Friday. If your battery dies today that puppy is dead ALL weekend. No streaming Disney + with a glass of peanut butter whiskey tonight

Yesterday I get home from work, walk in the door, and the boss says I need to go down town to help my step daughter who locked her keys in her car. So I go to the shed, dig through a couple shoved around things I never put away, and finally find my felling wedges. Grab a couple and a coat hanger and go down town. I get the wedges into the door enough to get the coat hanger in and hit the door lock switch. Took me longer to drive down there than to get the door open.

On my way home, I get a phone call. It's my boss. We had a company come in yesterday afternoon to change filter bags in the dust collection system. My partner had stayed with them to make sure everything went right. Well they got all 146 bags out and took them off the wire frames. Only 7 of the 146 frames were not broken.
So I loaded my welder in the car and met my partner at work at 5am this morning to team up on welding them back together so the crew could finish up when they got there. Between the 2 of us, we averaged about 28 frames an hour.

Last edited:
Back