The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's Your New Brush?

The differences are minor to me. A little softer tips but the knot density between the two types seems the same. Maybe a little more backbone on the best badger model.
Sounds like a Chubby 2 in Super would be a waste of money via redundancy then. Anyways, here's a pic of my three newest Simpson brushes: Polo 10 in best (early Vulfix grey-box era), a 57 and 59 (both in best)

Polo 10a.jpgAC012A29-7A95-44A5-AAAF-BB368F1041FB.jpeg

Sounds like a Chubby 2 in Super would be a waste of money via redundancy then. Anyways, here's a pic of my three newest Simpson brushes: Polo 10 in best (early Vulfix grey-box era), a 57 and 59 (both in best)

View attachment 113252View attachment 113253
Those are beautiful! I am a big fan of Simpson brushes, but out the outset, restricted myself to current offerings. But I love nothing more than perusing a nice collection.

I've watched what's gone on the past few years with artisan brushes. I'll buy the brush they made in 1932.

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Those are beautiful! I am a big fan of Simpson brushes, but out the outset, restricted myself to current offerings. But I love nothing more than perusing a nice collection.

I've watched what's gone on the past few years with artisan brushes. I'll buy the brush they made in 1932.

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Agreed, the artisan brushes do not appeal to me at all. They're missing that class or tradition.

I'm 100% a Paladin lover, I rarely use any other brush. Knowing my next trip to the states may well be my last, I decided to get two more to round out my collection. I've always wanted a Beehive in butterscotch, and shockingly there was one in the store. The new Ichabod handles are another I've been waiting for, being an avid bowl shaver. So I guess that happened too.

It'll be a while before I get to actually see them, since the trip is planned for sometime in the summer, but with Paladin, you have to strike while the iron is hot.

1705088990492.png

1705089005991.png

Back