The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's in front of you?

So that’s breakfast...where’s lunch?
lol i actually bought a musubi mold since we like these so much. and my wife was happy i did too!

Gotta ask though. do you do the rice with the rice vinegar or without. did it without this time and it didn't taste as good without it to me. still good but missing that little extra zing.

lol i actually bought a musubi mold since we like these so much. and my wife was happy i did too!

Gotta ask though. do you do the rice with the rice vinegar or without. did it without this time and it didn't taste as good without it to me. still good but missing that little extra zing.
We usually keep it pretty simple, just rice, the Spam slices, seaweed, and some sweetened (sometimes not even sweetened) soy sauce (sometimes put in the frying spam, sometimes a light coating on the rice).

We use a mould too. Makes things a ton easier!

I should also mention, if you like a zing to your Asian style meals, there’s a good Guamanian sauce called Finadeni that my FIL loves. It usually something like soy sauce, chopped green onion, lemon juice, and chili pepper flakes that are all marinated together. The longer it sits before use, the better.

Don't listen to gear..... if youre making sushi rice you absolutely should use rice vinegar. It's definitely not the same without it. Last time I made sushi, I didn't have any so I substituted apple cider vinegar and it was ok.
We use a mould too
And were you raised in England?
there’s a good Guamanian sauce called Finaden
I love Chamorro Food! I keep Fina'denne' sauce in my fridge at all times. It's an amazing marinade.

Back