The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's in front of you?

View attachment 10483

How my Californians doing
Yeah I laugh at the poor electric car folk who are stuck dead in the water when the power is shut off for days on end ...then I laugh at the guys who drive regular cars laughing at the electric car guys who don’t know they won’t be able to pump gas in the morning to fill up the empty gas tank they should have filled Friday. You live in California, you live ready for earthquake and fire.

Escudo Es muy bueno.
While listening to a pipe podcast this morning I realized I never replied to this. I had thought about what I was going to say and never did.

It was a good experience for the most part, though my wife didn't enjoy the smell as she walked by. This was my first experience with a coin type tobacco. I think I might not have packed it tight enough at the top and had some relighting issues and verged on tongue bite trying to keep it going. After a bit of that things settled down and I had one of the longest and easiest smokes in a long time. It burned nice and cool and didn't need a lot of messing with. Thanks @Majorrich!

Escudo is a favorite traveling tobacco for me along with St. James Flake (Samuel Gawith) a Virginia and Perique blend that’s perhaps a bit milder than Escudo. I still have nearly a pound of Butter nut Burley in bulk storage.

Wow look at all this snow you all are having. We are going to be in the high 40's lower 50's all week.

Microwave and coffee pot? Talk about roughing it. When I saw the first pic, I thought you were making coffee over the fire.
Hey, I'm old decrepit and in a tent. Somethings are needed. I wanted the coffee maker to avoid grinds from the perculator We used previously and she wanted the micro for reheating some things. We don't cook with it 😜

What's on the hunting menu?
Him and his brother bow hunt for deer right now. Yesterday he only saw turkey come thru. Just when he decided he'd take one, they all started squalling and flew up into the trees. Then he saw the bobcat that was trying to get one and got them all moving 😂 He got some video of the bobcat
Frying bacon @Spider
1572698556176516818368.jpg

Back