The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's in front of you?

But what are you going to do with a Muskie? And not with that rod and reel!

I did catch a 4 ft long Tiger Muskie one time. But I do actually have a collapsible rod and reel in my trunk. and have been known to stop off at some rivers and go for a rainbow trout. But we are known for for trout fishing.

I did catch a 4 ft long Tiger Muskie one time. But I do actually have a collapsible rod and reel in my trunk. and have been known to stop off at some rivers and go for a rainbow trout. But we are known for for trout fishing.
Honestly that sounds pretty awesome! All joking aside, I wouldn't fish out of the Mississippi where I am at. And it has been too long since I have been fishing. My brother is planning a fishing trip coming up where two days we will fish in the marsh for RedFish and Trout. And a day deep sea fishing for Tuna and Grouper.

What the heck Don? Can’t you just be like one of those backwoods dudes that goes fishing off the cuff with their arm of leg as bait? 🤪

Last edited:
Umm...the Catfish in this part of the Mississippi are about 50-60 pounds and will pull you in. That or it's a Bull Shark...damn salt water intrusion! Plus the Mighty Mississippi on this end isn't exactly the cleanest of body of waters.
Bull sharks can actually survive quite a long time in fresh water. They can regulate the salt content in their own systems. They have actually gone as far up the Mississippi as Illinois (700 miles from the ocean) and even 2500 miles up the Amazon river.

And why are there so many excuses about things being dangerous from someone named dangerousdon?!?! :p

Bull sharks can actually survive quite a long time in fresh water. They can regulate the salt content in their own systems. They have actually gone as far up the Mississippi as Illinois (700 miles from the ocean) and even 2500 miles up the Amazon river.

And why are there so many excuses about things being dangerous from someone named dangerousdon?!?! :p
Shawn needs to work for the discovery channel!

Not my favorite. They are suppose to be “healthier”. I didn’t read that part until I read about them after I wondered why they didn’t taste as sweet as they should.

Back