The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

Who eats just a piece of a cookie?
iu

Can we take a moment and discuss just how bad-ass the new John Mayer album cover is?!

61-OCosgt3S._SL1200_.jpg

From Esquire - "If you were alive and of record-buying age in the 1980s, this album cover is as familiar and comforting as a Bartles & Jaymes wine cooler. The color palette, the soft light streaming in through Venetian blinds, the geometric shapes in the lower right hand corner that suggest John Mayer has a concrete orb in his home as furniture. These are like running into an old friend. One who has done some living. This is a very solo Eagle album cover. This is a very has contributed a song to the soundtrack of a Richard Gere erotic thriller album cover. You have seen this album cover on the wall of a Tower Records, on a Sunset Boulevard billboard, in your mailbox when you forgot to send the Columbia House postcard back in time. This album cover f***s."

^^^ Tedeschi Trucks Band. These guys are great! Formed by joining the Derek Trucks (his late uncle, Butch Trucks was a founding member of The Allman Brothers Band :oops:) Band and Susan Tedeschi, a married couple. Saw them in 2019 at the San Diego Civic Theater, a 3,000 seat venue. Excellent sound. Center stage, 5 rows from stage. Excellent concert!

Some of my favorite music on public radio this morning while I shaved:

Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No.5 in C minor, Op.67
Lorin Maazel/Vienna Philharmonic

Antonio Vivaldi: Violin Concerto in G minor, Op.8/2, RV 315 "Summer"
I Musici; Pina Carmirelli, violin

Aaron Copland: El salón Mexico
Eduardo Mata/Dallas Symphony Orchestra

Back