The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

Since my latest batches of homebrew cider are ready....

I homebrew. I made a few ciders in the past. Actually won the Nevada State homebrew gold medal for cider a few years back. Need to get back in to it.

Since my latest batches of homebrew cider are ready, I needed some Alestorm. I've seen these guys a couple times live (when you could do such things) awesome show.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
SInce I am still on an Alestorm kick, and I feel YarrHarrdy...

If anyone likes hearing a song broken down in to the separate tracks by a guy that really loves doing it, go to thesessioniglive on instagram every weekday at 11am pacific time. I recommend listening with headphones. He's done nearly 300 songs since the covid knocked him off the radio. Totally worth the time.

YouTube versions of songs and albums nominated this year for Grammy awards for Best Traditional Blues and Best Contemporary Blues:

ALL MY DUES ARE PAID
Frank Bey

YOU MAKE ME FEEL
Don Bryant

THAT'S WHAT I HEARD
Robert Cray Band

CYPRESS GROVE
Jimmy "Duck" Holmes

RAWER THAN RAW
Bobby Rush

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND YET?
Fantastic Negrito

LIVE AT THE PARAMOUNT
Ruthie Foster Big Band

THE JUICE
G. Love

BLACKBIRDS
Bettye LaVette

UP AND ROLLING
North Mississippi Allstars

I generally don’t like to categorize music, but usually have a general idea where most fall. I don’t even know where to begin with this stuff.
These guys have been around for over 40 years. They've released over 40 studio albums and more than 25 live albums. "Experimental" would be the only category you could fit them into.

Back