The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

You keep reminding of all the 80’s songs that I know but completely forgot about!
giphy.gif

Since I wrote about it in my Shave Journal....I guess I should post the song here.

This video was always special for kids like me that grew up in LA. We were seeing music videos of far off places and exotic locations and this video showed the streets we saw all the time. I've been up and down all the streets they're driving on...multiple times. I've even been to the club where they filmed the performance part of the video. I've never jumped into the fountain at the corner of Wilshire and Santa Monica.

Funny thing is: the band thought the idea of making a video was dumb. The owner of their record label (I.R.S. Records) insisted and used extra video money left over from his younger brothers band...The Police.

But I'm just blown away with the bass line throughout this song. I never heard it when I listened on terrible stereos and crappy headphones. My appreciation for this song has increased.

Back