The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

42 years ago (yesterday) my wife's world was changed for the better. She loves this band! And since this was their debut album....

I_Just_Cant_Stop_It.jpg

The British Ska movement was a fun time. Born out of post punk and crossing with a solid reggae beat, it was infectious and so danceable. When you combine a great musical backbone with the British working class lyrics....you can't lose. In the US the album only reached #142 but in the UK it reached #3. And as a kid that grew up listening to KROQ in Los Angeles....this was part of the soundtrack of our youth. I've purchased this album 5 times myself over the years...once on vinyl, twice on cassette (wore the first one out), twice on CD (regular release and deluxe) so it's been a constant companion over the 42 years.

So to celebrate its birthday, here's the first single released off the album, Hands Off, She's Mine (the cover of Tears Of A Clown was released before this but didn't appear on the British release....which is the only version I've ever owned...gotta love the import rack!)

Yesterday was Klaus Meine's 74th birthday.....

He still Rocks like a Hurricane!!!

Also, it was Paul Weller's 64th birthday....

His political post punk/pre new wave brilliance is....in a word...brilliant.

Any doubts about my eclectic and inclusive musical collection should refer to this post.

Back