The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Experiment today. Had some pesto leak in the fridge and wondered how it would be on eggs. I love pesto, but have only had it on pasta or wine and cheese night. If you have never had the simple pleasure of a dollop of pesto on a bit of crunchy bread topped with 1/2 cherry tomato, you’re missing out.

Anywhooo. Today is the simple sausage and eggs with a bit of cheese and pesto. It was lovely.
F8A21FE2-A50D-412A-B167-94C8F4337720.jpeg

Visited a DDD joint today and it was awesome
162949C2-C9E3-4F8B-AD6E-C16A1F2E990B.jpeg

Tumerico Cafe was showcased in 2018. We had never been to it, nor to a DDD recommended place. Wow, Wow, Wow

Unique take on Mexican Cuisine as it was all Vegan. Before you get that look it was delicious and there was no way you could tell the difference in Pork Carnitas and this which was made with Jack fruit, plus the nopalitos (prickly pear cactus) basically tasted like a cross between a poblano and a bell pepper. Super fresh and when I see Sharon bopping to her food she is happy LOL. Plus a Prickly Pear Latte… what? It was delicious! Now off to Costco, ugh!!!

A3E0B0F3-9ABB-463A-8539-7D60A46CF824.jpeg
226D224D-0B80-4398-8235-D251236E7A60.jpeg

We missed not having stuffing and gravy with our Thanksgiving dinner last week, so ...... we claimed a mulligan! (chicken instead of turkey)
1634523804075.png

After the Haircut today picked these up for me and the Boss (full description below). I suggest sitting down, have some oxygen, and napkins for drool...

Ranchero ChileDog.jpg
A true Sonoran Dog with a Mind blowing twist..... Called the Chile Dog

Hotdog, stuffed inside a green chile. then stuffed with cream cheese.
wrapped in 4 slices of bacon and grilled via mesquite grill.
special soft mexican bread cradle roll
topped with Green Chile sauce, Pico de Gallo, more tomatos, mustard, mayo, Mexocan Crema Siracha, pinto beans, and onion
Served with a grilled Jalapeno
Delicious and will change your life, LOL

After the Haircut today picked these up for me and the Boss (full description below). I suggest sitting down, have some oxygen, and napkins for drool...

A true Sonoran Dog with a Mind blowing twist..... Called the Chile Dog

Hotdog, stuffed inside a green chile. then stuffed with cream cheese.
wrapped in 4 slices of bacon and grilled via mesquite grill.
special soft mexican bread cradle roll
topped with Green Chile sauce, Pico de Gallo, more tomatos, mustard, mayo, Mexocan Crema Siracha, pinto beans, and onion
Served with a grilled Jalapeno
Delicious and will change your life, LOL
004BC348-837F-4DC7-9911-7F2083018B1F.gif

An uplifting brunch on a somewhat gloomy day: a grilled cheese sandwich, followed by yogurt with granola, banana, and dates.
B2IVZsu.jpg

Today we were out of sausage, but there was leftover Spam from a project the youngest had for Japanese class. The result is eh. Sausage wins by a mile with eggs. Spam should stay with rice.
85048EFF-C6C1-4988-B23E-01304B49D98A.jpeg

Back