The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

Never heard of this before. Signed up for a chance for a tasting of this.

“If Whisky and Gin had a baby, it would be called Genever. Join us for an in depth look at the predecessor of Gin, Genever.
Genever is the juniper-flavored traditional liquor in the Netherlands, Belgium and adjoining areas in northern France and northwestern Germany. Some of Genever have Malt in them, giving it characters of Malted spirits.

Never heard of this before. Signed up for a chance for a tasting of this.

“If Whisky and Gin had a baby, it would be called Genever. Join us for an in depth look at the predecessor of Gin, Genever.
Genever is the juniper-flavored traditional liquor in the Netherlands, Belgium and adjoining areas in northern France and northwestern Germany. Some of Genever have Malt in them, giving it characters of Malted spirits.
Lived outside of Amsterdam on a short-term expat stint back in 2013 and had completely forgotten about genever. Haven't had it since living there, and probably nothing more quintessentially Dutch aside from bikes and hagelslag. My boss LOVED the oude variety. I wasn't a huge fan of any genever, but the jonge wasn't quite as juniper-forward so that's what I tended towards.

Interested to see how your tasting goes!

Back