The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Owner Announcement What I love about TSC. (1 Year Anniversary)

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
Cadre it's simple. Whether you have been here since day 1 or joined yesterday. You are a member of the cadre and this unique brotherhood. So take a quick moment as we start to celebrate our anniversary and let us the owners, the fellow members, and any lurkers what makes this place special! What keeps you coming back?

Thank you all for everything you do at this place! And here's to many more years to come!

Also a special thanks to my two partners @CBLindsay and @HandleBarberDave

Banter, camaraderie, fun, the best Wet Shavers on the inter webs, & CBL Soaps! The list goes on and on really, too much to even put into words. This place just feels like home, and hanging out with your best friends! A completely unique experience among Wet Shaving communities.

Didn’t know you all from Adam when I joined up near a year ago. Took a chance and it’s paid off in camaraderie in spades! It’s not just another community, it’s the community in my book.

Blessed to have come to know each of you a bit better over this time.

To many more!

I love the people and the culture. We are unique in the world of Wet Shaving forums (any forum really) in that we are minimally moderated. We believed that good men and women are capable of moderating themselves...and our members have proven us right.

What I REALLY love is the journey. The last year has been full of unique challenges and experiences that have broadened my personal horizons. I/we have learned that SO much more can be done when you have the right partners (Thanks @Cvargo and @HandleBarberDave) and an incredible bunch of guys willing to treat the forum as if it were their own.

Pure AWESOME!

The brotherhood. The friendships. Even though I’ve never met any of you, I consider you all friends. The generosity that I’ve witnessed here is something that is rarely seen anywhere else. Wether it be a PIF, advice on technique, advice on personal matters, or simply someone taking the time to read a journal entry of another guy stumbling his way into the world of wet shaving. It’s really blowm me away. Here’s to a great first year @Cvargo , @CBLindsay , and @HandleBarberDave, and to many more. I’m proud to be able to say I’m a member of The Cadre! 👍❤️

Well.... What can I say... This idea was hatched some time ago mostly as a rebellious and stressful time while dealing with Ego's, Dictators, and Children whom were jealous of a vision not being their own. Along comes @Cvargo.... I confide in him that things were not going well, a witch hunt was under way, and that we could do it better. Mostly this was just a rant as I had no intention. I had a successful business, the Radio Show seemed in good shape. Just the rantings of an old man.

So... Those of you who know Chad well know that he is young, impatient, a go-getter, and a constant pain in my ass. More importantly he is persistent. He kept bugging me, and bugging me, and bugging me, till at one point I said yes just to shut him up. It was THE BEST that could happen and why to this day, we still argue like a father, who is trying to tell his "know it all teenager" to zen out a bit. That being said however I love this kid like a Son, and he has shown this old man to embrace things that are out of my comfort zone, and expand my vision to incorporate the new.

In comes @CBLindsay , The brains, brawn, comedic relief and the voice of reason. He is the keystone that binds the circle, and is the sibling and twin I never had. The true friendship as well as a dynamic business relationship I have with these partners is truly unique, not only in the forums, but in business.

For that I Thank you @Cvargo and @CBLindsay from the bottom of my heart and soul for joining me on this journey.

WOW, here we are a year later. This brings me to my REAL appreciation. YOU!!!! the members!!!!!!! I cannot convey into word the sincere THANKS to all of you. Many of you I consider Brothers and Family from the old days, and for the new you are the CADRE!! this is a term widely used in the military and is synonymous with Brother, a group of special people for a special cause, again a FAMILY! It can also mean
Mi Familia
The Brotherhood
Mi Gente

All of these fit this group of folks. The CRAZY idea that a forum could be done without the dictatorial moderation of others, was said to be nuts and we would fail! Not Happening! That is part to you, truly the Gentlemen. We police ourselves and are the Best Shaving Forum on the Planet! we may not be be big ( not yet ) but again, THE BEST.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for supporting the Shave Cadre. I am honored and humbled to have you here!

We Salute and offer you Cheers

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

There may be a special Radio Broadcast teaser as well

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s hard to say anything that hasn’t already been said. TSC has taken the best of other forums, strained out the politics and other offal, drawn men and women of character to populate it’s ranks, and set a goal of continual improvement. I’m proud to be a member, and grateful to be able to pop in and enjoy the thoughts of like-minded people after a long and stressful day.

Cadre it's simple. Whether you have been here since day 1 or joined yesterday. You are a member of the cadre and this unique brotherhood. So take a quick moment as we start to celebrate our anniversary and let us the owners, the fellow members, and any lurkers what makes this place special! What keeps you coming back?

Thank you all for everything you do at this place! And here's to many more years to come!

Also a special thanks to my two partners @CBLindsay and @HandleBarberDave

The Three Amigos!

I stopped seeing the members I interacted with at the other place. Wondered where they all went and Chad let me know. I came over at first to see what was going on and the rest is history. I quickly saw that it was something better. Who says you can't reinvent the wheel and make it better when the wheel is broken or being steered wrong. @HandleBarberDave @CBLindsay and @Cvargo have proved you can. They've steered us all to a place we can become a better unit, enjoy this hobby and contribute to this community and each other. The sum total is better than the parts that make it up. Proud to be a member of the Cadre and wish I found it sooner !!

Last edited:
Gee Wiz! You guys took all my answers! 🤪

But in all seriousness...This is the best group of guys and gals in the internet. And it's not lip service. I will admit I had my doubts about a self moderated forum...but I wanted to participate in the experiment. Glad I did...because I now call TSC my home. Hoping for the best and many...many years to come! Thank you to the Three Amigos for all the good times we had...and the better times we will have! And thanks to the Cadre for just being who you guys are! I will find something fancy to toast with tonight!

For me although I do like the whole shaving aspect it's really more about the brotherhood of the members here and being able to be a part of it.
Having a place to hang out, talk about every day stuff as well as our shaving hobby, show stuff I've been doing, or even just vent a bit with others that I have grown to care about is what really makes this a home for me.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, that I just realized....

Near complete transparency from the owners on what is going on with the forum and plans for the future. Obviously, there's a time and a place, and they don't divulge any info until the time is right. But the amount if information they do give us, involve us in the process, and gather ideas from us is unprecedented. They are not "the guys behind the curtain". They are just one of us, and they want us to be included. Bravo guys!

Back