The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Avon Tai Winds cologne

ru1CNUI.jpg

Drakkar Noir

I'll say this. When they reformulated Drakkar. They should have just discontinued it.

The scent is no where what it used to be back in the day. They really neutered it, and for me the aftershave and cologne scent is about gone in an hour and a half after applying it.

I have other 80's Fougere scents in my collection that I'll be reaching for instead. This won't be getting replaced when it's gone.

I'll say this. When they reformulated Drakkar. They should have just discontinued it.

The scent is no where what it used to be back in the day. They really neutered it, and for me the aftershave and cologne scent is about gone in an hour and a half after applying it.

I have other 80's Fougere scents in my collection that I'll be reaching for instead. This won't be getting replaced when it's gone.

A shame really. Potent and manly back in the day late 80’s early 90’s. I had one that I purchased in ’98 that came in a set; edt, as splash and shower gel. Finished it off about 3 years ago. Never attempted to get another. Today it’s just a shell of what it once used to be.

Great memories from Drakkar.....

A shame really. Potent and manly back in the day late 80’s early 90’s. I had one that I purchased in ’98 that came in a set; edt, as splash and shower gel. Finished it off about 3 years ago. Never attempted to get another. Today it’s just a shell of what it once used to be.

Great memories from Drakkar.....

I think that was the same set I got as well. Have had it for over 15yrs now. Thought I got a fake then found out it had been reformulated.

Just switched up to this. similar to the original Drakkar, from what I remember.

375x500.9088.jpg

Just found out that this has been reformulated about a year ago as well. 😥

Last edited:
Back