The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Guerlain Shalimar.

I think I've got this stuff figured out. It's way too pretty at first, especially if I use too much. But just one spray, immediately following the AoS oud balm, is not overwhelmingly pretty, but I get the gorgeous dry down after the oud balm dissipates. The balm is one of the few fragrances that can alter Shalimar, which is a real powerhouse, if over used. Why work this hard when I can enjoy Habit Rouge? Once dry, Shalimar is a ridiculously beautiful fragrance that is not "pretty." In fact, it's almost got a bit of funk to it, like fresh lavender does. Stirling Haverford AS can substitute for the AoS, fyi.

@MarkB wrapped it up with a bow today
tenor.gif

IMG_8085.jpeg

HdP Irreverent a wonderful balsamic incense with slightly churchy overtones but not overly on the nose like some of the Comme des Garcons offerings.

This is actually a lot like Frederic Malle's French Lover (Bois d'Orage in the US) with more a prominent incense.

Lovely stuff.

Back