The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Histoires de Parfums - 1899 (Hemingway)
Juniper, Cinnamon, Orange Blossom, Vanillic ambers

A great change of pace after wearing lots of heavier, earthier perfumes lately.
Opening is a sublime aromatic juniper, giving way to cinnamon with very subtle florals, and a sweet vanilla/amber accord.
I'm not a big sweet lover in fragrances, I find them to be cloying, but this manages to keep the sweetness just below my personal threshold.

@GlazedBoker that Costume National sounds like a spicy fragrance I might really like, it's a hard category, but do it right and it's wonderful.

IMG_8821.jpeg

Vintage Trumper Eau de Quinine
yN80aWY.jpg

Histoires de Parfums - 1899 (Hemingway)
Juniper, Cinnamon, Orange Blossom, Vanillic ambers

A great change of pace after wearing lots of heavier, earthier perfumes lately.
Opening is a sublime aromatic juniper, giving way to cinnamon with very subtle florals, and a sweet vanilla/amber accord.
I'm not a big sweet lover in fragrances, I find them to be cloying, but this manages to keep the sweetness just below my personal threshold.

@GlazedBoker that Costume National sounds like a spicy fragrance I might really like, it's a hard category, but do it right and it's wonderful.

View attachment 72778

Indeed. The Original which is the eau de parfum is a touch lighter with a hint of a subtle citrus undertone. Still equally balanced with the spices and a slight infusion of Clove & Thyme. Soul is another that is worth sampling.

Back