The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

You might be able to find the one in Gear's post at that local place you have.
So far, nice scent, but no where near the value punch that Guerlain Vetiver packs. It’s a pleasant, semi-generic, male scent to me. It smells “purple” to me, not in a grape soda kind of way though; hard to identify specific notes.

I’ll use up the sample but probably not a buy.

Left for some evening work and decided to take a few hits of Spices Boom, a clone of Spice Bomb. This stuff is the Bomb....... I mean Boom. Really nice warm spice scent similar to Farenheight...... I mean Fear Night, but softer and not as sharp and pungent but definitely there. Yummmmmm

Is there any significant longevity diference compared with modern ver.?
Most definitely. These are the unofficial, but seemingly recognized "6 editions" of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT (from Basenoters, etc.).....

wWpIgwn.jpg

From left to right, the first 4 editions have very good longevity, especially the 4th (this particular bottle, at any rate). The 5th is where the longevity starts to take a hit, although the scent itself is still good. The current edition (6th) is quite fleeting for me and smells noticeably different (to me) than the previous ones. Upon initial application, it seems like it'll be a beast, but it whimpers away before you even get out the door - for me, that is.

Back