The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Cigar Aficionado, my wife's favorite
5C3KZog.jpg

Le Galion - Cologne Nocturne
Another great one, maybe the best of the lot, at least the most 'modern' of the lot. But considering the nose behind it was Rodrigo Flores-Roux, that's no surprise. He's a master of updating classic masculines, e.g. Fougere Royale.
Opening here is a drop dead beautiful barbershop, better than the King Rvie Gauche pH even, but that's only a short phase, a woody lemon and sage starts to pop up as a middle phase, and then a beautiful woody herbal base. Every stage of the development is excellent, and seeing the development feels like a real journey. Especially when the lemon starts to pop up out of nowhere.

Le Galion - Cologne Nocturne
Another great one, maybe the best of the lot, at least the most 'modern' of the lot. But considering the nose behind it was Rodrigo Flores-Roux, that's no surprise. He's a master of updating classic masculines, e.g. Fougere Royale.
Opening here is a drop dead beautiful barbershop, better than the King Rvie Gauche pH even, but that's only a short phase, a woody lemon and sage starts to pop up as a middle phase, and then a beautiful woody herbal base. Every stage of the development is excellent, and seeing the development feels like a real journey. Especially when the lemon starts to pop up out of nowhere.
That sounds wonderful!

Le Galion - Special for Gentlemen
This seems to be the sample I'm reaching for the most as we turn to autumn here. I don't generally like vanilla in scents, but there's something very comforting about this one.
I hear it's very similar to one of the early Guerlain releases Mouchoir de Monsieur, with less of the animailic note. All I can say is it's like putting on your favorite sweater on a cool morning.

Back