The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent
IAfZoWK.jpg

Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent
IAfZoWK.jpg
A modern day Gentleman's scent. All class. If I were to keep one for all year round wear, it would be this competing with Amouage Honor Man and I think Noir Argent would pull slightly ahead. A quick burst of citrus & pepper in the opening that dissipates quickly into the leather and saffron notes. Later, that leather is slightly less pronounced yet still there with a lovely patchouli, myrrh and vetiver with a subdued sweetness that is truly amazing. In my humble opinion, this juice should be in every man's collection. A remarkable creation from Issey Miyake.

Bravo sir, bravo....

1627476984762.jpeg
Tom Ford - Fougere Platine

I don't know if any of you have experienced this, but often with a new house, I'll find it takes a few wearing for my nose to digest and make sense of a scent. And the first wearing can smell very different that later ones, as my nose somehow blends the sent into a comprehensive whole. Definitely the case with this, and now I'm getting the true Fougere nature, in fact the Rive Gauche Pour Homme roots are starting to come out now, making me love it even more.

I'm stupefied at why I don't wear this more often during the warmer days of spring & summer. Clearly a wonderful mix of citrus, musk, aquatic marine notes with ambergris and delicate woods. Superbly crafted and blended to near perfection. This is a fragrance one wears just to have good vibes and will put a smile on your face when you catch those smooth and wonderful wafts that EROLFA emits. Not a screamer or projection beast but, it will hang with you delightfully for a full day with some extra sprays, especially on clothing. Disgustingly expensive on the retail end but, if heavily discounted it's a must buy imo......

downloadfile-13.jpg

Back