The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

So what do you think of the Cremo AS ? I have thought of getting some sometime...
This is the cologne, not the AS. It's a nice frag! First time wearing it so too soon to tell what longevity will be like. Not much projection after the initial spray. The base hangs close to the skin. The scent of this one is fantastic!

This is the cologne, not the AS. It's a nice frag! First time wearing it so too soon to tell what longevity will be like. Not much projection after the initial spray. The base hangs close to the skin. The scent of this one is fantastic!
Sorry I sometime say AS in a generic sense when I mean the other and vice versa...

1616587801359.jpeg

Nobile 1942 - Fougere Nobile
Another stellar offering from Nobile 1942. A wonderful rich aromatic fougere. Opens with rich Italian citrus, and herbs. There's something here thats' very grounded for an aromatic, almost tangible. Animalic musks, and tobaco keep the scent earthed, dark and rich, in contrast to the light aromatics and citrus. Really wonderful stuff on my first wearing. Lots of evolution, revealing different facets.
This is two home runs for me from the house. I don't think they are on people's radar, but can really see people in the shave community loving them, as they really stayed to the old school roots with these two scents in a way few houses I've tried do.

Ethos Grooming Mysore Santal EdP
e65E9uh.jpg

1616857811554.jpeg

Loving this stuff. The patchouli really come out here, though it's not a true soliflore, you know it's patchouli, and a wonderful one, where all the facets are on display, earthy, tobacco leafy, aromatic. There's some vanilla in here, that keeps it from being too dark. Projection is just right, and though it claims to be a EDC it lasts forever.
The tonka bean and oak moss give it a barbershop feel as well. In that aspect, it reminds me a bit of the classic Rive Gauche.

Back