The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Acqua
Y6RXYQk.jpg

IMG_20201025_142435_843.jpg
Rihanah Malik al Oud. A great cheap Middle eastern perfume. It comes across to me like a Christmas confection. It is sugary with notes of cinnamon and nutmeg. The notes that I found online are different than that. The oud is earthy and a little fecal to my nose, but subtle. I really like it.

Any more to say on this one? I've been interested in Ferragamo lately, but don't know how to sample.
I've got Testa di Moro, one of the Tuscan Creations line on my Christmas wish list, being a pricey one.
It is a sweet and spicy gourmand fragrance that is great for fall. It definitely has a scent of tiramisu. I can really smell the black pepper in the open. The Ambroxan and cashmere wood give it lots of longevity. I got my bottle at a local rack store. It also shows up on discount websites like FragranceNet all the time. I paid ~$30 for 100ml., which I think is a good price. If you like gourmand fragrances, it is a safe blind buy.

I have 4 different Ferragamo fragrances in my collection so far (Uomo, Uomo Casual Life, F Black, F Free Time) and they all are well made and very enjoyable fragrances. I will be picking up more of their men's line in the future based on the ones that I have. So, I have no worries about recommending them to you.

As far as samples go, there should be a few samples sites that are UK or EU based that carry the fragrance. I just don't know of any off-hand. I think there are a couple of eBay sellers that are UK/EU based that might have it too.

Back