The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Parole Moi de Parfums - Une Tonne de Roses

Hi my name is Cole, and I like rose scents.
Nice ‘jammy’ type rose, similar to Histoires de Parfums Rosam but less of the Oud/petroleum. I like it. I know most guys don’t go for rose, but I feel totally comfortable with this as I do with Rosam.

Last edited:
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Acqua
x3shzKK.jpg

An intriguing yet very satisfying note pyramid and overall scent profile. It’s called Fresh and yet there is a slight darkness to it, aromatic, slightly citrus with a very low but, persistent petrol vibe vaguely similar to Dior Fahrenheit. This is a beauty and has a bit of the early to mid 90’s flair. Perfect for cooler weather for any situation. A hidden gem on the cheap at about $20US. Clean, minty with a slight darkness to it. A low key shining diamond of a fragrance from the house of Dunhill that is on the money.

2753569A-5153-497F-ADB9-3CDAFF632343.jpeg

View attachment 36603
Uomo by Ermenegildo Zegna. Citrus, vetiver, violet leaf, cedar. Good stuff but nothing groundbreaking. The vetiver is peppery. I like it, but Burberry Touch is better and very similar.

Violet and violet leaf are becoming favorite fragrance notes for me. I need to get a bottle of Dior Fahrenheit.

If you can, get your hands on a bottle of Dunhill Fresh. Light citrus, mint freshness that is enveloped by Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Oak Moss & Cedar with a few other things in there that make it an underrated fragrance. Has a bit of a low key petrol vibe that Dior Fahrenheit is known for. It’s much cheaper and easily found at Discount Retailers like TJMaxx, Marshall’s & Ross for under $25. Superbly masculine with a light clean and minty vibe that has that light petrol/gas vibe. I have been pleasantly surprised by the fragrance and its performance. Highly recommend....
B329D9D5-5146-414B-8248-06FFCA5C4B3A.jpeg

Back