The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

I didn't know there was a difference 🙃
American version - Plastic bottle. Stronger, more spice-forward scent. Longer lasting overall
European version - Glass bottle. More balanced IMO than the American version. Citrus notes are more detectable. Longevity is less than the American version.

American version - Plastic bottle. Stronger, more spice-forward scent. Longer lasting overall
European version - Glass bottle. More balanced IMO than the American version. Citrus notes are more detectable. Longevity is less than the American version.
Good to know, the Euro version sounds good, is that what you have pictured?
The funny thing is I've never seen it around in our local shave group, just the classic in the long neck plastic bottle.

The funny thing is I've never seen it around in our local shave group, just the classic in the long neck plastic bottle.
Yeah. That's the Euro version pictured.

If I'm being completely honest, there isn't enough difference between them to justify the higher price and longer shipping/wait time for the Euro version. I bought it to satisfy my own curiosity. Other than the fancy glass bottle, you're not missing out on anything by sticking with the American version.

Is that available in stores ? I haven't saw it before in any place I have been to.
I picked it up at a local Target store a couple weeks ago. Walmart is supposed to start carrying some of them soon on the regular. Walmart and Target usually have the gift sets around Christmas time. You can also get them online direct from Cremo (Home). Amazon has them as well.

I definitely recommend picking up the whole line. They go for ~$22 or so per 100ml bottle plus tax and/or shipping in all the places that I have seen them. The scents are very linear, but they are very pleasing.

Did ya love it?
Haven't decided yet.. When I first applied it I caught a whiff of something that smelled familiar and I racked my brain trying to figure it out. Finally I did! Not sure if it's the aldehydes or what but the note reminded me of a perfume a female friend of mine wore when she and I were in college together. She had a heavy-hand with it too. So I don't know if I'll be able to separate Sartorial from that memory..

Back