The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Do You Do to support your Aquisition Disorders.

I am a Software Quality Assurance Engineer. I test hardware and software. Currently I work for a company that makes automation systems for hospitals. So, right now my job is to test pneumatic tube systems.

So Doug gets to play all day!

Some members here have some very interesting jobs!

I have an Associates Degree in Applied Electronic Technology.
I'm currently employed by a contractor to the Army, as an Electronic Maintenance Technician Level III. The area I currently work in does, dynamic and climatic testing. As we like to say we "Shake and Bake" stuff. We can take a test item down to -65° F and up to +160°F and shake it at the same time. Even though my title is Electronic I do as much work on the mechanical side as the electronic/electrical side. Since I have a Class A CDL I'm also sometimes tasked with driving test vehicles that require one to have a CDL. That doesn't happen very often, but it's a nice change of pace when it does. Also since I'm the only Class A holder in maintenance I get to haul stuff around with our semi sometimes, nothing long distance, just on post.

Prior to this job I mainly worked as an either and Industrial Journeyman Electrician, or Multi-Skilled Industrial Maintenance Technician. I've worked in automotive industry, food and beverage, and metal working industries in those positions.

I also worked in the Detention Industry for a while as Operations Manager for a startup company, (that failed after they thought they could get someone to do my job cheaper that what I was getting paid) that did Custom Security and Control systems for jails and prisons. We built the panels that controlled the doors and also did, fire alarms, CCTV, and intercom.

I worked as an Engineering Aid and that is were I gained my early knowledge on computers. I designed and implemented a data base for the day to day operations of a small scale family owned business (about 300 employees). We used a Xenix based computer that had a CPU that ran at blazing speed of 8 MHz. It had 2 8" floppy drives, 30 megs of hard disk, and 1 meg of RAM. It could support 16 full time users. This was pretty nice system in the mid '80's.

I have worked full time as a bouncer, and I've bartended, DJ'd, and KJ'd, (Karaoke Jockey).

I worked at small chain grocery store, started as a stock clerk/bagger and worked my way up to assistant manager. FYI: I had been working/hanging out in the grocery business most of my early life, my Grandmother actually built and started her grocery store in the same location that I worked at. It had been sold and bought 2 or 3 times before I started working there.

My 1st actual full time job was working as a carpenters helper the summer between my junior and senior year in high school.

Other than that, dad had a small cattle farm, about 80 head or so, so that was a part time job for most of my teen years, I also spent many days baling/hauling hay for local farmers and spent a fair amount of time driving tractors for the larger local farmers. Oh I almost forgot from the time I was 15 to 18 my brother and I also mowed a total of about 8 acres of grass, our yard, great aunts yard, 2 grandmothers yard, cemetery were most of my family is buried, and 2 other yards that dad farmed us out to do. I was also allowed to use the small farm tractor to prep gardens and bush-hog for whom ever hired me. I was kinda busy as a kid!

Back