The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Plantation is the brainchild of Alexandre Gabriel (who runs Maison Ferrand cognac distillery in France 🇫🇷 ). He buys rum from around the world and then ages and blends them a second time in France. Occasionally he will contract with a distillery to have a cask set aside that will be just for his label, which is treated like a Cuvée type of vintage. On a business trip to Austin Texas and found this bottle. Had to have it (and it cost less than $100).
3EB3FD43-6691-40B1-A645-2C497AD08C10.jpeg
One glass in and I’m a happy camper (helps that I normally like the rums from the Demerara Distillery in Guyana 🇬🇾 where this was made)

@EMG06 , I will keep my eyes open for that. Thanks for the follow up.
The Plantation rums are also some of my favorites for drink making. Their white rum makes an excellent daiquiri/mojito, their OFTD overproof is a favorite when making punch, and their regular “dark rum” is excellent for tiki drinks.

The Plantation rums are also some of my favorites for drink making. Their white rum makes an excellent daiquiri/mojito, their OFTD overproof is a favorite when making punch, and their regular “dark rum” is excellent for tiki drinks.
Great....now I need to leave work and go rum buying.

Back