The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

093345D0-151B-4EC6-8B54-201B0DC9344E.jpeg
Interesting. Although the neck pour had predictably a strong alcohol note a few minutes in the air and a couple of drops of water opened
It up quite nicely. On the nose the hints of pine, Juniper and a hint of Coriander are present, but still a huge alcohol hit. Not much smoke, as advertised.
Once opened with the water a smoky note does hit when really opening up the olfactory.

On the tongue it is very buttery and thick, smooth on the throat, not sweet at all, the the coriander hits on the back of the throat and warm. Now the smokiness come in very lightly. The pine and juniper are light and really show up on retro-hale, which gives a cooling effect after the warmth. The water does tone down the alcohol hit. Overall I like it, and thankful, as it was a blind buy. More experimentation as it opens up, but so far all the notes are in my wheelhouse. I like it, but definitely one that needs a few drops of water

Back