The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Giving Bulliett’s premixed Old Fashioned a try. Two thumbs up from me! Pretty smooth and well flavored with bitters, a bit on the sweet side, which is good by me!

So @NurseDave and @BarberDave

This was highly rated by whisky.com (they continue to spell it incorrectly so obviously their opinion should be taken with a grain of salt) - but this was in their top whiskies of 2022.

1673909047033.png

Last edited:
So @NurseDave and @BarberDave

This was highly rated by whisky.com (they continue to spell it incorrectly so obviously their opinion should be taken with a grain of salt) - but this was in their top whiskies of 2022.

View attachment 102769
Seems strange to me. I assume that’s a blended scotch since it doesn’t say where it’s from. Most peated stuff used in blends is Caol Ila. I like some of their single barrel stuff, but it’s doesn’t have the most character.

Seems strange to me. I assume that’s a blended scotch since it doesn’t say where it’s from. Most peated stuff used in blends is Caol Ila. I like some of their single barrel stuff, but it’s doesn’t have the most character.
I’ll have to go back and watch the video to see if they mentioned where it was made (or who is the source….

While it was the sherry version that won the award…..their 12 year old looks to be right up your alley - like snorting ashes while engulfed in a camp fire and licking your freshly tarred driveway.

Archetypally Islay, Big Peat 12 Years Old delivers charred oak, chimney smoke, rock pools and summer tar, running to a long lingering finish with brown sugar, bonfire ashes and a real phenolic quality. Proudly bottled at 46% ABV and offered without colouring or chill-filtration, it’s the ultimate distillation of Islay.

While it was the sherry version that won the award…..their 12 year old looks to be right up your alley - like snorting ashes while engulfed in a camp fire and licking your freshly tarred driveway.

Archetypally Islay, Big Peat 12 Years Old delivers charred oak ( Forest Fire Wood), chimney smoke,(SOOT) rock pools (brackish bogs) and summer tar,( Roof Asphalt) running to a long lingering finish with brown sugar(Burnt Stuck on the pan Sugar), bonfire ashes( Pallets on Fire ) and a real phenolic quality ( BAND AIDS). Proudly bottled at 46% ABV and offered without colouring or chill-filtration, it’s the ultimate distillation of Islay.
FTFY... and it sounds Delicious!

Back