The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Still feeling under the weather. Making some hot tea in my Nurse Dave mug. Going to add a nip of something medicinal as well.

I might go with the NurseDave theme tonight as well and open a bottle of wine. Only problem is, I don't know if any of it is still good! ???

Opened 2 bottles. First one was gross. Second one was less gross ???. Actually the Merlot is pretty good so I’m sticking with that one.

Your Merlot is actually a blend with a Melbic...so yeah...gross. just kidding...sort of. I'm not a fan of Melbic or Merlot.

This is what I'm drinking tonight. Have no idea if it's any good either...but it sure is tasty!

What I thought was a decent Merlot gave me crazy heartburn before I even finished the glass. So I abandoned it. Might try some tomorrow to see if it happens again. I think at this point I’m just getting rid of bottles left at my house by taking a sip and realizing what’s inside is crap ???

Your Merlot is actually a blend with a Melbic...so yeah...gross. just kidding...sort of. I'm not a fan of Melbic or Merlot.

This is what I'm drinking tonight. Have no idea if it's any good either...but it sure is tasty!

Well there ya go. Decoy is part of the Duckhorn family. Just from Sonoma instead of Napa. But maybe you already knew that.

Uh yeah........................he can read and it's on the bottle
1f60e.png
Well it’s not just that it’s from Sonoma. Duckhotm is a brand known by many. Even served in the White House a few times. But not everyone knows they have different brands for their wines from different areas. So Decoy isn’t a wine name, it’s a whole brand. In more interesting trivia (or not); Duckhorn is their brand for their single varietal wines in Napa where they also have Paraduxx, which is their brand for blends and a whole different winery.

Well there ya go. Decoy is part of the Duckhorn family. Just from Sonoma instead of Napa. But maybe you already knew that.
Well it’s not just that it’s from Sonoma. Duckhotm is a brand known by many. Even served in the White House a few times. But not everyone knows they have different brands for their wines from different areas. So Decoy isn’t a wine name, it’s a whole brand. In more interesting trivia (or not); Duckhorn is their brand for their single varietal wines in Napa where they also have Paraduxx, which is their brand for blends and a whole different winery.

Actually I didn't know this at all. But I talked to my wife about it and in a nutshell, yeah, she did know all of that. She knows some about wine evidently. All I know is that stuff tasted great. It was a bit more sugary than I usually like my reds (I am more of a dry red sort of guy), but I really loved the oak flavor you get from it.

I drink, and I know things...

Yes, I’m rewatching GoT, from the beginning.

Back