The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Last night I went to the refrigerator to find something cold to drink. I found a glass of ice coffee. I added some half-and-half to it, some sweetener, and two ounces of vodka. It turned out to be a nice, refreshing drink. The only downside was that my wife was in a state of shock thinking I was drinking something without alcohol in it at our normal cocktail time!

Last night I went to the refrigerator to find something cold to drink. I found a glass of ice coffee. I added some half-and-half to it, some sweetener, and two ounces of vodka. It turned out to be a nice, refreshing drink. The only downside was that my wife was in a state of shock thinking I was drinking something without alcohol in it at our normal cocktail time!
Home Made White Russian Sans Kahlua (y)

I cannot remember who was asking @Fenster about this Pepsi nitro, but was able to source some from a local Walmart today. Being Diabetic, I do not drink sugared soda that much anymore, however being a Huge fan of Guinesss, I had to try. I cannot enjoy Guinness as much as before as well, and now reserve for special occasions.... Like... let's say...um...a Tuesday, LOL

Anyway this was on the radar, so I bought 2 four packs. one of the regular and one of the Vanilla to try. If you are a Guinness fan, you will like this. If you like all the Fizz of soda you WILL NOT. Like Guinness the Nitrogen creates a much more creamy and smaller bubble. Hardcore soda drinkers may think it is flat. Guinness drinkers will enjoy a similar mouth feel and chew. It is sweet, but all Pepsi. It does not cascade as much as Guinness, nor does the head stay as apparent and full, but not bad. Poured similar to Guinness, you can enjoy the cascade for a bit. It is creamy for sure.

the "instructions" say Chill, Pour Hard, Admire and Enjoy.... Pure marketing hoohaa from a youging who was never taught how to properly pour a Nitro drink. You can do it this way, Open Tip the can vertical and go to Town, as it will not "bubble explode" as long as you use a pint glass. Or.... you can do it like a real person and pour just like a Guinness and enjoy a bit more

05.10.2022 Pepsi Nitro.jpg
Will have to let my blood sugar adjust a little before trying the Vanilla Version and reporting back. Probably tonight sometime. At $5.49 a 4-pack, are they worth it... Well maybe once for the novelty, however those folks that like the taste of Pepsi, without the Throat frying properties of regular carbonation will like it, as long as they realize that it is a different experience, and it is not Flat.

More from the Vanilla Side Later

I cannot remember who was asking @Fenster about this Pepsi nitro, but was able to source some from a local Walmart today. Being Diabetic, I do not drink sugared soda that much anymore, however being a Huge fan of Guinesss, I had to try. I cannot enjoy Guinness as much as before as well, and now reserve for special occasions.... Like... let's say...um...a Tuesday, LOL

Anyway this was on the radar, so I bought 2 four packs. one of the regular and one of the Vanilla to try. If you are a Guinness fan, you will like this. If you like all the Fizz of soda you WILL NOT. Like Guinness the Nitrogen creates a much more creamy and smaller bubble. Hardcore soda drinkers may think it is flat. Guinness drinkers will enjoy a similar mouth feel and chew. It is sweet, but all Pepsi. It does not cascade as much as Guinness, nor does the head stay as apparent and full, but not bad. Poured similar to Guinness, you can enjoy the cascade for a bit. It is creamy for sure.

the "instructions" say Chill, Pour Hard, Admire and Enjoy.... Pure marketing hoohaa from a youging who was never taught how to properly pour a Nitro drink. You can do it this way, Open Tip the can vertical and go to Town, as it will not "bubble explode" as long as you use a pint glass. Or.... you can do it like a real person and pour just like a Guinness and enjoy a bit more

Will have to let my blood sugar adjust a little before trying the Vanilla Version and reporting back. Probably tonight sometime. At $5.49 a 4-pack, are they worth it... Well maybe once for the novelty, however those folks that like the taste of Pepsi, without the Throat frying properties of regular carbonation will like it, as long as they realize that it is a different experience, and it is not Flat.

More from the Vanilla Side Later
OK now the vanilla and a Whopping 63 grams of carbs, so I guess its dinner. SWEEEEEEEET!! almost too much, however the Vanilla version is a bit creamier and does indeed taste like a "Coke Float" Definitely a dessert in a can. Used a Guinness glass to see if it would cascade any different and a big fail, like it's blue brother. I would opt for the Regular as it has that traditional Pepsi flavor. Still too sweet and on both flavors, but I am sure Coca-Cola will probably enter this market as well.

Final thoughts. Regular.... ON Occasion, Vanilla, nope for me, but if you like the "Float" experience you may enjoy.

05.10.2022 Pepsi Nitro Vanilla.jpg

Back