The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Whoooeeee. This makes me think of the cartoons when I was a kid when they would drink something call Fire Water. I had to add some ice to this baby.
37707171-0057-4521-894E-471F171299F5.jpeg

Many other people said it tasted young even though it’s around 5-6 years. I’m not one to judge whiskey though since there are few I enjoy.
5-6 years... but is it sourced? Filtered? Was it barreled and aged in Sonoma? Lots to consider. Sonoma and Napa have perfect climate for wine obviously... but maybe not conducive for bourbon.

5-6 years... but is it sourced? Filtered? Was it barreled and aged in Sonoma? Lots to consider. Sonoma and Napa have perfect climate for wine obviously... but maybe not conducive for bourbon.
Let me google that for you.

Our Straight Wheat Whiskey is mashed from 100% organic red winter wheat grown in the Sacramento valley. Always aged in full size American charred oak barrels – this incredible whiskey is welcoming with familiarity from the wheat yet surprisingly complex. Aged a minimum of 4 years.

Nose: Butterscotch and tobacco

Palate: Graham cracker, caramelized sugar, sweet tea, and toasted walnut

Finish: Cocoa nib, vanilla, stone fruit

Dont forget Rabbie Burns this evening with a Dram or two of Laphroaig for his birthday

The essential parts are three,
If you want a dram that’s rich and smoky.

One is an element that flows to the sea,
Another grows on stems and starts with ‘B’.

But if you want to taste delicious fog,
You need to lift it out the bog.

With spades in hand and boots on feet,
We go digging for Islay peat.

Until next time, Friend.

Dont forget Rabbie Burns this evening with a Dram or two of Laphroaig for his birthday

The essential parts are three,
If you want a dram that’s rich and smoky.

One is an element that flows to the sea,
Another grows on stems and starts with ‘B’.

But if you want to taste delicious fog,
You need to lift it out the bog.

With spades in hand and boots on feet,
We go digging for Islay peat.

Until next time, Friend.
Tonight? But class starts in 20 minutes

825A2851-3F50-44E1-BCDA-60A0AB8302E4.jpeg

Back