The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Last night I had Macallan 12 Year Double Cask. Honestly not a fan. Hoping that it gets better. Will revisit in about 2 weeks.

Last night I had Macallan 1 Year Double Cask. Honestly not a fan. Hoping that it gets better. Will revisit in about 2 weeks.
We'll assume you mean 12 year. Maybe if you soak peanuts in it for that 2 weeks it'll taste more like bourbon ;)

Actually, I'm not too impressed with it either. It was better after one or two drinks (that night), but should cost about 30% less.

We'll assume you mean 12 year. Maybe if you soak peanuts in it for that 2 weeks it'll taste more like bourbon ;)

Actually, I'm not too impressed with it either. It was better after one or two drinks (that night), but should cost about 30% less.
Oops yes I meant 12 year. My biggest complaint is I had a dram of bourbon after and it was like I couldn't get my palate cleaned of that taste from the Macallan

Deanston Virgin Oak. Man, the 2nd dram the chocolate notes just come popping out. Luckily my hair doesn’t look like lush Chad yet.

@CVargo thoughts on the 101 Rye? I've only ever seen it offered as a 1L here in Illinois and it's my go-to bar rye. Love that stuff.
Absolutely loved it. I described it as butterscotch and almond on the nose. The palate was a reminder of those roasted almonds you get a the mall... You know the ones. And the finish provides a wonderful warming sensation that lasts quite awhile. Please keep this cheap rye under wraps I don't need this getting hard to find. Was really impressed on first taste. Now that it's open if gets better oh my!

Back