The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

eo4rm5gbm06hv7l9xqf2cf4pxzxp_1800x1199.jpg

I have a shave stick on the way that's gonna be shipped to me tomorrow..
View attachment 110724
Supposed to be like a cross between derby and arko.... A box of 12 is 22 dollars shipped.. I am only getting 1 stick ( from a friend in another neighborhood ) to see if I like it before getting a full box... I will be sure to post thoughts of it after it gets here... Has anyone tried it before ? What were your thoughts on it if you have ??
It’s always fun to get/try new stuff, getting your hands on some interesting international stuff makes it even better. To be honest I thought Arko was Turkish made.

I would have gotten the whole box (the price is decent). When I found boxes of Arko at the thrift store I HAD to buy a full box…and I really dislike the smell of fresh Arko so I couldn’t even have the stuff in the house. We ALL know I would never use all 12 sticks no matter how good it is, I’d end up PIFing or reselling the excess.

It’s always fun to get/try new stuff, getting your hands on some interesting international stuff makes it even better. To be honest I thought Arko was Turkish made.

I would have gotten the whole box (the price is decent). When I found boxes of Arko at the thrift store I HAD to buy a full box…and I really dislike the smell of fresh Arko so I couldn’t even have the stuff in the house. We ALL know I would never use all 12 sticks no matter how good it is, I’d end up PIFing or reselling the excess.
Yes the price is decent , but someone is sending me one to try after they bought a whole box of it with the intent to send out some of the sticks for us ( ones who have tried arko ) to try and I was one of the ones he is sending one to. So I didn't buy a case yet because since he is sending me one , I thought I would try it to make sure I like it first... I have never found at thrift stores any shaving supplies really before ( other than 2 bottles of clubman ) which I bought....

Yes the price is decent , but someone is sending me one to try after they bought a whole box of it with the intent to send out some of the sticks for us ( ones who have tried arko ) to try and I was one of the ones he is sending one to. So I didn't buy a case yet because since he is sending me one , I thought I would try it to make sure I like it first... I have never found at thrift stores any shaving supplies really before ( other than 2 bottles of clubman ) which I bought....
For some reason our local Salvation Army thrift store had about 12 full boxes and a bunch of loose sticks a couple years ago…so I did my part and bought a box. Prior to that time I had only owned a very old stick that was very mildly scented, these sticks were much fresher and had such a strong scent I got a headache just being in the same room as the box.

If all Arko was like the old mildly scented stick I would say it’s decent stuff. I like the old (possibly old enough to fall into the ‘vintage’ category) Palmolive stick too.

For some reason our local Salvation Army thrift store had about 12 full boxes and a bunch of loose sticks a couple years ago…so I did my part and bought a box. Prior to that time I had only owned a very old stick that was very mildly scented, these sticks were much fresher and had such a strong scent I got a headache just being in the same room as the box.

If all Arko was like the old mildly scented stick I would say it’s decent stuff. I like the old (possibly old enough to fall into the ‘vintage’ category) Palmolive stick too.
That's weird that they had so much at your local S.A , I have never saw anything like that around here.. I have never tried the Palmolive stick before , I will have to look into that. I guess I don't mind it as bad probably because after a quick first opening "sniff" I let it air out some and it becomes a lot milder... I have an unopened stick I will have to "check" the scent on when I finally open it up since I am still on that first stick.....

Oh man, I hope the scent is absent in a lovely way.
Oh, it is. I'm coming to appreciate it is not the absence of aroma that matters as much as the source of your Unscent. Noble Otter''s Unscent is unlike many others, with depth, breadth, and subtle, nuanced layers. Some Unscents creep up on you, and some blast you right between the eyes. Somehow, N.O.'s Bare Unscent manages to explode out of your mug and brush on the first stroke, yet over time, more Unscent character and quality are revealed. Good stuff. (y)

Back