The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome

Welcome to the Cadre! Stirling was one of the first artisan soaps in my den & there will ALWAYS be a den spot for Stirling no matter how crowded the den gets!

Big fan here, very happy to have Stirling here. The soaps speak for themselves but don’t forget about that AWESOME boar brush. I got my dad the synthetic (with the same cue ball like handle) for Christmas last year and he loves it.

So so much good stuff!

+1 on the boar & synthetic. I'll probably end up getting one of your badgers too. Ain't AD's grand? LOL!

Thanks, all! I really appreciate the warm welcome. I'll do my best to keep my vendor page up to date and relevant.

Welcome to TSC Stirling! Joe Hackett? I thought your name was Rod Stirling (Serling) lol.

Anyways, Stirling are nice people that make great products, one of the best values in wet shaving IMO. Glad to have you abord!

I absolutely love your shaving products. Top quality at a great price. I also love your name “Joe Hackett” because I am a big fan of the TV show Wings from the 90’s. Currently streaming past episodes to relive the humor.

Easily one of my favorite shows of all time. I think I've seen every episode at least two dozen times. Our Sandpiper scent got its name from the show.

That’s what I was thinking. Any thoughts on a Roy Biggins or Lowell Mather tribute scent? Aeromass? Just a couple of crazy ideas of mine.

I need to do more, most certainly. Fun fact, I share a birthday with David Schramm, the actor who plays Roy Biggins. It's my claim to fame. Of course, no one outside of the few remaining fans of the show even know who that is.

Funny it took this long for someone one the forum here to make the Wings connection, it appears it is more than just a passing one at that. I remember the show and enjoyed it plenty but it was never that big a thing in our house, guess I got some homework to do.

Wings?!?! I loved that show! But honestly, I didn't make the connection because I'd forgotten every character's name except for Lowell. Lowell was the name of the town I grew up in, so that's kinda hard to forget. But I always liked the characters Lowell and Brian the best.

Wings?!?! I loved that show! But honestly, I didn't make the connection because I'd forgotten every character's name except for Lowell. Lowell was the name of the town I grew up in, so that's kinda hard to forget. But I always liked the characters Lowell and Brian the best.
Roy Biggins is the most unforgettable character for me. Several years ago I had a student whose father looked just like Roy Biggins. I still see him around town every once in a while and to me he is still Roy Biggins.

Back